By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance : Fall of Man only used 10% of the PS3's Power

I thought we were all starting to shy away from the 'lazy developer' thing now that we're starting to see some multi platform games that are actually very similar on both consoles?

heh, perhaps the duration you're banned from working would be lowered if you and your team were working on something brand new and working out all the kinks.  

Around the Network

Whatever, all i need Good games with BEST visuals, and i will get that on PS3.
Everything else doesn`t matter. They can use 1%, if that game will be look awesome as much as GT5, FFXIII or KZ2.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

That's actually super retarded that they moved the in game physics from the PPU to the SPU as the PPU is DESIGNED for physics and the SPU is a more versitile proccessing unit.  I can only conclude that they haven't a CLUE as to what the true power of the PS3, it is impressive machinery, but I'm sure they tapped at least 20% if not 30% I'm sure most of those horrific launch games used somewhere in the 10% range.

NobleMaN_79 said:
That's actually super retarded that they moved the in game physics from the PPU to the SPU as the PPU is DESIGNED for physics and the SPU is a more versitile proccessing unit.  I can only conclude that they haven't a CLUE as to what the true power of the PS3, it is impressive machinery, but I'm sure they tapped at least 20% if not 30% I'm sure most of those horrific launch games used somewhere in the 10% range.

Maybe you should send Insomniac a CV... clearly looking at R&C they need your insight badly...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
NobleMaN_79 said:
That's actually super retarded that they moved the in game physics from the PPU to the SPU as the PPU is DESIGNED for physics and the SPU is a more versitile proccessing unit. I can only conclude that they haven't a CLUE as to what the true power of the PS3, it is impressive machinery, but I'm sure they tapped at least 20% if not 30% I'm sure most of those horrific launch games used somewhere in the 10% range.

Maybe you should send Insomniac a CV... clearly looking at R&C they need your insight badly...

Insomniac Games:

"We are continuing to build our Insomniac Engine and have made many improvements to it since Resistance: Fall of Man. The one huge focus for us has been moving more of our processes over to the SPUs on the CELL processor. This has allowed us to get our physics and effects systems running roughly four times faster than it did in Resistance at nearly double the framerate, which is something you can see in weapons like the Tornado Launcher."

Ubisoft Montreal tech director, Dominic Guay:

"The R&D revealed some pleasant surprises, as Guay explained: "One thing that we realized pretty quickly as we started R&D on PS3, was that the hardware architecture had a very nice fit with some of our technical design decisions. We were positively surprised by how efficient the SPUs (the Cell processing units) were to do such things as run our vegetation simulation, our animations or our physics systems."

Guay also expressed how impressed he has been with Blu-ray and the PS3's hard drive, noting: "The hard drive and Blu-ray are making our life easy considering FC2 is an open world continuously streamed around the player. That streaming bandwidth and disk space is very appreciated."

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales