By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance : Fall of Man only used 10% of the PS3's Power

I only used 3% of my brain power to shoot this article down...

But really, it doesn't matter any way even if it did processing power follows the law of diminishing returns.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
SMG or SSBB would be like 0.2% of the PS3's power.

This post would be like 46% of the coolestguyever's Troll power.

Don't be like that dude. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

epsilon72 said:
akuma587 said:
epsilon72 said:
One of these again? We went over this before - any time a dev says "we used xx% of x console's power" you know they are just making it up.

I would obviously trust your opinion of theirs and what is written on official documents. You probably have a lot of experiencing developing games, programming, and optimizing for minimal CPU usage.

Perhaps 'made up' is innaccurate - 'meaningless' (as Linkzmax stated) is more like it. How can they difinitively quantify xx% of power being used? They can't, because any such specific number would be arbitrary.

I'm not claiming to know anything about developing games and such....but business people tell these tall tales all the time - it's PR.

I think the word you're looking for is "estimates"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

The PS3 will use 100% of it's power in 2010. At that exact moment, it will send former California governer Arnold Schwarzenegger back in time to kill Sara Conner. Believe me. You DON'T want your PS3 running at more than 30% of it's full potential.

lollo.

Hey, I'm a developer myself, and I'd say they are only using 8.1% of it's MASSIVE powers. It's going to be just awesome when they can use, I dunno, up to 27% of the massive POWER!

Around the Network

No one has yet to explain how they know what percentage of the hardware they are using...and until then this debate is as meaningless as whether Xenu is actually going to come back and destroy Scientology or not (snuck that one in, wuwu)!

Kytiara said:
No one has yet to explain how they know what percentage of the hardware they are using...and until then this debate is as meaningless as whether Xenu is actually going to come back and destroy Scientology or not (snuck that one in, wuwu)!

Wikipedia. DUH!!

I don't know how you can say that RFOM is that great graphically ... it's not that its bad, but there are many, many games out there that look much better. Perhaps your just talking PS3 and not other systems. I have played it and its a good game, but give me a break about this over-hyping of the PS3 capabilities ... the system has been out for over a year now and it has yet to beat any games graphically .... 1st or 2nd generation software.  

matinee said:

I don't know how you can say that RFOM is that great graphically ... it's not that its bad, but there are many, many games out there that look much better. Perhaps your just talking PS3 and not other systems. I have played it and its a good game, but give me a break about this over-hyping of the PS3 capabilities ... the system has been out for over a year now and it has yet to beat any games graphically .... 1st or 2nd generation software.

For a launch game, it is VERY impressive graphically.  Definitely more impressive than MS's initial offerings, some of which were not bad games in the least, like Perfect Dark Zero.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Does the PS3's "Cell Engine" and its unspeakable powers remind anybody else of "Blast Processing"?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.