By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - WTF.......ps3 sales!!!!?????

I'm sure ioi is adjusting things accurately. There have been adjustments on all sides of the fences. It is a regular thing that happens... And for the conspiracy theory fanboys I have seen many adjustments on all the other consoles and portables downwards many times. It is not limited to PS3.

Around the Network

Was there an adjustment with the France numbers too?

It seems like it because it's now saying that the PS3 has only now passed the 360 there. I didn't even know we had more data from France.

Vgchartz always gives the PS3 really high numbers. Sometimes it just seems to good to be true. I guess that's because this is the first time in years my favorite console has sold well.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

playnext3 said:
common : 2000 view haha

While I think that the post count for this thread is correct, after reading some of the posts, I think that the view count is way over counted.  I don't think that all that posted actually viewed thethread.  ioi, could we have an adjustment downwards?

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

ha ha,don't be jealous of my thread
no just kidding

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
A bunch of people returned their consoles.

(Not serious)

Games Currently Playing

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii),  Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (PS2), Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution (Wii), Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (PS2).

I wouldnt be suprised, who would actually buy a ps3 and keep it (unless it took you more then 30 days to beat resitance: fall of man)

Apparently it's been readjusted upwards. It was 9.72m after Europe this week, and now after 0.08m from America and Japan combined, it's at 9.94m.

That sort of thing happens all the time. Don't get you panties in a wad. It's just adjusted numbers for accuracy. Maybe more in depth reporting was done, or adjustments to compensate differences with official numbers. No tracking service is 100%, but the goal is to reduce error to minimal. No tracking service gets reports from every single sale, just random samples.

The DS looks to be overtracked right now as Famitsu has the PSP ahead of the DS in Japan.

no don't think so it just that the psp sells a lot than the ds