By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The real edge of the DS 2.0

Sorry if this has been done to death but it was just a thought that I had. I have got a bit of a hangover and am not the most alert person right now. Basically that the real edge of the DS2.0 is that it stands to have the greatest gains in graphics for a portable machine. Now hear me out because I am not saying that the graphics are the end all be all of gaming. In fact I think it is far from it. However I think most people forgot that it was a generational leap between the GBA and the DS(SNES to N64) while the PSP is closer to the PS2. The DS has already stole the innovative thunder from the PSP and in 2009 or so when they are ready to announce the DS 2.0 the advances in technology should allow for graphics similiar to the gamecube on a portable where I doubt that the PSP will be seeing PS3 or 360 level graphics in a handheld if Sony chooses to puch technology you mayt see somethign that has better graphics than the Wii but the leap wouldn't be the same.

I have a feeling that the PSP2 will see the biggest change in terms of interface if only to include the features the DS has as standard while still supporting the multimedia push that has helped sales of the PSP platform. However when moving forward I would imagine a refined touchscreen system but also a large leap in graphics from the DS 1 to DS 2 one that many DS users would notice on a sytem that would be pushed towards the casuals. After saying all of that I think if Sony can lineup their ducks for the next gen it may be more of a horse race next gen.