By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shameless DBZ Game Promotion

I figured that since there were a number of DBZ fans here, maybe some would be interested in a text based MMO of the DragonBall series. The game is a MUD, which I run and code on, that is based on the DBZ universe. It's entirely text based, similar to text based games like Zork and what have you. Movement is done via directions such as north, south, east, west, up, down, etc. Basic combat is automated, but you have access to a plethora of skills, like kamehameha, big bang attack, finishing buster, punch, kick, elbow, and many more.

There are many races in the game. Saiyans, Icers, Halfbreeds, Humans, Ghettis, Nameks, Bio-Androids and many more. Each race has their own unique transformations that increase their powerlevel. A powerlevel system is in place as well. If you're familiar with MUD's you're aware most have levels that you gain via experienced. In my game it's a leveless system that is based on powerlevel. Everytime you successfully hit an opponent, either another player or a computer controlled one, you gain more powerlevel.

If you're not interested in playing the game itself, we do offer a unique roleplay storyline that takes places hundreds of years after the end of GT. Roleplay occurs on a daily basis, and you don't need to be strong in game to be powerful in roleplay. Events are held regularly where great enemies rise up to destroy the universe and it's up to the roleplayers to save the universe.

I know when I was younger that I wished there was a great Dragonball game I could play and become the strongest in. If you still have those desires to become a powerful warrior, you can come play, free of cost.

There are a few ways to connect. The first is go to this site in your browser. telnet:dbinfinity.bounceme.net:4000 This will connect you to the server on port 4000 via telnet. Telnet is a wonderful client, but it's not the greatest to use. A better way is to use an actual MUD client. You can google them, MUSHCLIENT, GMUD, ZMUD, MUDMAGIC, SimpleMu, are all great clients. I'd personally suggest MUSHCLIENT as it has a lot of support for logging, aliases, timers, etc.

The games website is http://dbiforums.bounceme.net It is very outdated as our webdesigner has gone on leave. Eventually it will get a better design and look and actually have buttons that work. If you'd like to visit the forums to read some of the roleplays you can go to http://dbiforums.bounceme.net/forums and go to RolePlay logs.

I hope to see you on DragonBall: Infinity! :)

Around the Network

Oh, by the way, if anyone has any questions please feel free to respond or send me a PM. :D

hmm i can't connect anymore :/

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Get ye flask.

You can't get ye flask.

Try again Kirby. What happened was my IP address changed and the DNS cache of your client was holding on to the old IP. It should be well flushed by now. :D

Around the Network

Epic bump hoping a few VGC forum members will give the game a try. :D It's fun if you're into DBZ and have the patience to learn about MUDs. :D

olala this game blows

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Kirby couldn't finish a quest so he stopped playing. It was too challenging for him. :P

I used to love MUDs.

Could at least give mine a try then! :P Assuming you like DBZ that is.