By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Fitness Price Comparison

The feedback is what really sells this to me. You can get all of these programs and follow them, but progress monitoring can tell you how good you're doing or, in the case of the heart rate monitor, if you need to chill for a bit.

There is nothing else out there like this. I guess that's why the haters are hating. Typical...

Around the Network

Because you can get that feedback elsewhere and you dont need a giant ass living room for it^

Adinnieken said:
RandomNoob said:

Fitness subscription realy?

And just exactly what is a gym membership? 

Access to facilities and equipment you don't own or have room for in your house. Not really the same thing as paying subs to fitness software using equipment you've already bought and have in your house.

It's more like having to pay Jane Fonda a monthly fee for using her workout videos, or Mel B if you don't know who Jane Fonda is.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

TheSting said:
Scisca said:
Adinnieken said:
RandomNoob said:

In a gym membership you pay for the constant usage of the gym's assets. You keep using the water, electricity, air conditioning, the machines, etc. so one payment just wouldn't make sense. On the other hand you're not using their assets with this program. I see this more of a way to just drain $5-10 from people who think "oh, it's so cheap - I'm gonna try it out!" and possibly get much more from people who keep using it and don't know they can just buy the programs/actually are willing to keep paying for the little additional things that Kinect gives them. I know I'm alergic to this business model.

If it gets lazy bums up and moving iit's a good thing regardless. Agree? 

It won't get lazy bums up and moving. Agree?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

So many still think that a console is for 1 person in the house. The slug like gamer only. While more and more a console is for everyone in the house. For the people that want to play games, for people that want an exercise companion/trainer, for movies and shows, for sports. MS is trying to make a $500 purchase an easier purchase by appealing to everyone in the family to make the expenditure OK for everyone to swallow.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
TheSting said:
Scisca said:
Adinnieken said:
RandomNoob said:

In a gym membership you pay for the constant usage of the gym's assets. You keep using the water, electricity, air conditioning, the machines, etc. so one payment just wouldn't make sense. On the other hand you're not using their assets with this program. I see this more of a way to just drain $5-10 from people who think "oh, it's so cheap - I'm gonna try it out!" and possibly get much more from people who keep using it and don't know they can just buy the programs/actually are willing to keep paying for the little additional things that Kinect gives them. I know I'm alergic to this business model.

You have no idea. Agree? 

My wife will love this shit.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

TheSting said:
binary solo said:
TheSting said:
Scisca said:
Adinnieken said:
RandomNoob said:

You have no idea. Agree? 

P90X and Insanity won't get a single lazy bum up and moving, cause they aren't for lazy bums. Agree?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

binary solo said:
Adinnieken said:

Access to facilities and equipment you don't own or have room for in your house. Not really the same thing as paying subs to fitness software using equipment you've already bought and have in your house.

It's more like having to pay Jane Fonda a monthly fee for using her workout videos, or Mel B if you don't know who Jane Fonda is.

I know who both are.  The fact remains both are fees for services.  There is a service included with Xbox Fitness, that is feedback and a personalized workout routine.  You don't get that with VHS tapes or DVDs.  You get a scripted workout with no feedback.

Scisca said:
TheSting said:
binary solo said:
TheSting said:
Scisca said:
Adinnieken said:
RandomNoob said:

You have no idea. Agree? 

P90X and Insanity won't get a single lazy bum up and moving, cause they aren't for lazy bums. Agree?

There is no single way for you to begin to prove that. Agree?