By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Named Exclusive Video Game Console on Toys “R” Us Holiday Hot Toy List

Exciting news today from our partners at Toys “R” Us – Xbox One is honored as the exclusive video game console on the Toys “R” Us 2013 Holiday Hot Toy List and one of the Fabulous 15 Hot Toys for Holiday 2013. The Toys “R” Us Holiday Hot Toy List provides parents and gift-givers insight into the toys sure to appear on children’s wish lists as the holiday shopping season gets underway.

"Identifying the toys that will make the Holiday Hot Toy List is no easy feat. It's something we take great pride in – ensuring that the toys named with this distinction are truly the toys that kids from all corners of the country will be most excited about," said Lisa Harnisch, Senior Vice President, General Merchandising Manager, Toys "R" Us, U.S. "All 36 playthings named to this year's list were chosen because they're undoubtedly HOT, from Cra-Z-Loom, one of the most buzzed-about items this season, to Xbox One and tabeo e2, which are generating a ton of excitement before they are even available in stores. As kids begin scribbling their wish lists to Santa, parents can feel confident that with the Toys "R" Us Holiday Hot Toy List in hand, they have the inside scoop on what will help make their kids' wishes come true this season."

http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/xbox-one-toys-r-us-holiday

Around the Network

They're nota toyzzz!! They're adavanced gayming machinamos!

I think some money had to change hands for that one. Nintendo and Sony both are more popular than anything MS has ever released.

Best thing about this though is someone is calling the X1 a toy. I consider all consoles to be toys but some people like to act like that only applies to Nintendo products

damn, already in the clearance section...

:P

Nsanity said:

Exciting news today from our partners at Toys “R” Us – Xbox One is honored as the exclusive video game console on the Toys “R” Us 2013 Holiday Hot Toy List and one of the Fabulous 15 Hot Toys for Holiday 2013. The Toys “R” Us Holiday Hot Toy List provides parents and gift-givers insight into the toys sure to appear on children’s wish lists as the holiday shopping season gets underway.

"Identifying the toys that will make the Holiday Hot Toy List is no easy feat. It's something we take great pride in – ensuring that the toys named with this distinction are truly the toys that kids from all corners of the country will be most excited about," said Lisa Harnisch, Senior Vice President, General Merchandising Manager, Toys "R" Us, U.S. "All 36 playthings named to this year's list were chosen because they're undoubtedly HOT, from Cra-Z-Loom, one of the most buzzed-about items this season, to Xbox One and tabeo e2, which are generating a ton of excitement before they are even available in stores. As kids begin scribbling their wish lists to Santa, parents can feel confident that with the Toys "R" Us Holiday Hot Toy List in hand, they have the inside scoop on what will help make their kids' wishes come true this season."

http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/xbox-one-toys-r-us-holiday

All 36 playthings.   the PS4 is also one of the 36.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
ListerOfSmeg said:
I think some money had to change hands for that one. Nintendo and Sony both are more popular than anything MS has ever released.

Best thing about this though is someone is calling the X1 a toy. I consider all consoles to be toys but some people like to act like that only applies to Nintendo products

Lol this list obviously has nothing to do with popularity, do you think The Uggys or FurReal Friends are more popular than the PS4 or Wii U or any other toys?  

Expected

Bombshell. This pretty much ends the PS4's chances in North America. The console war is over before it's even begun.

ListerOfSmeg said:

Did you even read it? The headline is x1 biased, the PS4 is also on the list.................................................

Both launching consoles are on that list. In then they'll put out their "big book" and it will also list Wii U, 3DS and Vita as well as any special bundles for PS360.

This is likely only focusing on new products that TRU thinks will be big.