By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spiderman 3

I have two questions;

1. Is the game any good, I can't see any reviews

2. Have Activision given any reason as to why Spiderman 3 PS3 has been delayed in the UK only. 

add me

Around the Network

I've heard it sucks, typical movie tie-in game, boring tedious gameplay and poor execution. There are some IGN reviews up for it for PS2 (3.5) and PS3/360 (6.0). No Wii review up yet but it's basically the same as the PS2 version but with Wii controls so don't expect much help there.

Yeah, it's getting roasted by the reviews, gamespy is the only one to give it a good review 4.25/5

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Yeah, it's getting roasted by the reviews, gamespy is the only one to give it a good review 4.25/5

I'm kinda bored at the moment, so I think I may just get the PS3 version anyway. I haven't got any Spiderman games in the past, I might just get it to swing around the city and fly the goblin around.

add me

The PS3 version apparently has some slow down issues and stuff, dunno how bad it is just giving you a heads up.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
The PS3 version apparently has some slow down issues and stuff, dunno how bad it is just giving you a heads up.

I may just rent it first if it is really that bad, I've got two weeks until it comes out for me

add me

Just read the IGN reviews... looks like the game bites - on all platforms. Its real pity, I really enjoyed Spiderman 2. Ahh well, I'll just play that instead... Wii - 5.7: http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/785/785713p1.html PS3/360 - 6.0: http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/785/785648p1.html Biggest complaint is that the game just isn't fun. The next-gen versions are not very good graphically (pop in, slowdown) - and the Wii version seems to have terrible gfx (worse than Spiderman 2??). Controls in the Wii version are better - but take longer to learn. And worst of all - the reviewer playing his PS3 version - had the game CRASH on him numerous times. Looks like it was rushed out for the movie. Do NOT buy this game!!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Movie to game = always avoid.

Blue3 said:
Movie to game = always avoid.

GoldenEye 007 (N64)

As for Spiderman 3, I am dissapointed at how badly the sequel game came out. I was expecting much more from the game. I played Spiderman 2, and found it to be one of the better movie tie-in games in a long time. Too bad the game went sour next time around, IMO. 

I played the Wii version, and apart from swinging through the city by swinging the remotes it just isn't that much fun... that said I spent about 2 hours swinging around the city doing NOTHING other than swining and didn't get bored, it's worth a rent on Wii.