By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Reworking the Mortal Kombat license for a third movie

The first Mortal Kombat movie is a guilty pleasure of mine. I just love how over-the-top cheesy it is. In one way, it’s sort of say that MK is still one of the best video game to movie adaptations out there.

Don’t worry though…the director for the third Mortal Kombat movie is going to bring back the fun of the first, so he says. The director, who goes by ‘Mink’, is definitely up for the challenge.

“(the new movie will be a) re-envisioning(if that is a word) of the Mortal Kombat franchise from top to bottom. Todays audience is a savvy involved group so the film must be A plus plus in every area in order to capture the magic of the first film. It is taking the entire concept to the next level across the board in every area visual design, story, cast, FX, photography and most importantly the fighting scenes. The original Mortal Kombat game was born a child of many visual loves by the creators at midway so this latest version borrows heavily from that pioneering spirit and must be thought out and executed at the highest level in order for it succeed in today’s market place. This is no overnight task.” - Mink

http://gonintendo.com/

LOL

Around the Network
damkira said:

Todays audience is a savvy involved group so the film must be A plus plus in every area in order to capture the magic of the first film.

The first film was far from "magic." I want to see a MK movie with badass fatalities and no cheezy martial arts sequences(I love martial arts movies). The movie practically writes itself and does not take much to be good but the movie world dropped the ball twice. Hire a director that knows and gives a damn about the series, a good martial arts coreogropher and a few good special fx guys and the movie will be great.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

While the original MK is indeed one of the best VG movies ever, the reason is because they stole pretty much the entire plot (and a large number of scenes) from Enter the Dragon. So unless they steal a lot of good ideas from other people (which is how MK came to be in the first place) the movie will be a complete flop.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

The first movie was great. It would be nice if the third was even better. I'll probably see it either way but it would be a pleasant surprise if it turns out well.

well you do know they have been working on part 3 for years and even have most of the cast signed already. that was two years ago last i heard anything bout it. might wanna check www.mortalkombatonline.com for more info and it is a very legit site.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049