By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

imagine it at $50... the nex gen consoles wud get killed...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Lawl.
This thing refuses to die out!
I applaud it though.
Great systems and great games.
CHEERS PS2!
LONG LIVE THE KING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Ishy said:
imagine it at $50... the nex gen consoles wud get killed...

not really cause the install base is already so high

Hope it's permanent. I never have had a PS2, and getting one for cheap will delay my purchase of a PS3, saving me money. But it will have to wait until after Brawl is released.

wow very cheap

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:

I'm hoping this is a permenant price drop, because then people can't complain as much about the 40GB PS3 having no BC, in the US at least. As the article says, this will probably be the last major sales spike for the PS2.

I still can being that the PS3 I owned before it was stolen was full BC compatable and now I can't replace that. The fact that I don't want to have as few units hooked up to my TV especially if I am only going to play a PS2 game once in a great while.

redspear said:
insomniac17 said:

I'm hoping this is a permenant price drop, because then people can't complain as much about the 40GB PS3 having no BC, in the US at least. As the article says, this will probably be the last major sales spike for the PS2.

I still can being that the PS3 I owned before it was stolen was full BC compatable and now I can't replace that. The fact that I don't want to have as few units hooked up to my TV especially if I am only going to play a PS2 game once in a great while.

Please note the "as much" in my first statement, in bold for you're convenience.

great news for the PS2! I never thought the complainers about BC had much of a leg to stand on anyways. The PS3 is for playing PS3 games and if you have moved on the PS3 games there are very few PS2 games that will hold your attention. And if some PS2 game has been able to hold your attention then odds are you already own a PS2! But even if there is a significant sales spike, I dont see many major new games being developed. I was thinking only the Madden's and games like that would still be showing up on the PS2 (movie games too) God of War 2 was the swan song for new great PS2 titles, sales spike or not.

dang i just bought one too

$99 is a great price, if Sony reduced the price in the UK to a similar equivilent or around the world in general and advertised this price drop too, they could sell loads of PS2s. You can get a standard black in the UK for about £90-95 in highstreet shops so reducing to £50-60 to meet the US price is fair, anything else would still be a rip-off.

Hmm, pie.