By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My Potential New PC...input wanted!!

Hey I have a illegal version of office now, but it keeps getting screwed due to updates. So I figured, F-it buy the legal, it comes with 3 licenses. I have two pc's in my house and my brother could use it too.

Around the Network

Also, MS Office is entirely necessary? Ever tried something like OpenOffice? That would save you big bucks.

Also, OK if you want to keep the motherboard, but you could go to a lesser video card right now and still have open doors for something better (because the motherboard) 

superchunk said:
Hey I have a illegal version of office now, but it keeps getting screwed due to updates. So I figured, F-it buy the legal, it comes with 3 licenses. I have two pc's in my house and my brother could use it too.

dont update it or find a better copy. My copy is perfect/never updates though. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
superchunk said:
Sorry, sticking with MS OS.

I think I may switch to this Motherboard though as I don't need SLi.

$79.99 ASUS M2N AM2 NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

That would save me another $50.

... read my comment please vista isnt good, period. Wait for SP2 for Vista.

I was originally going to wait for SP2, however, I been doing some reading on the 64bit version and I really need a pc now. I don't want to buy XP now and then buy Vista agian later in 1.5 years when SP2 is out.

fazz said:
Also, MS Office is entirely necessary? Ever tried something like OpenOffice? That would save you big bucks.

actaully Google's office programs are even better then OO and Office combined imho. Just have to register an account on google. Not hard to do. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network
fazz said:

Does OpenOffice work seamlessly with MS word stuff?

superchunk said:
fazz said:

Does OpenOffice work seamlessly with MS word stuff?

yes it does

Actually here is a review for motherboards you should consider

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2008/02/05/home_theatre_pc_motherboards_feb_08/1

get a 8800GT instead^^

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
get a 8800GT instead^^

why?