By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many languages do you speak? And why?...

Soriku said:
English and Arabic.

Serious?

Around the Network

is soriku arabic O_o
is kirolos an arabic name?

OT: i speak english and greek (very badly)

I can speak english (duh) german and a little klingon, plus I can communicate through funk dancing :)

I read and write English (Canada)
I speak and understand Assyrian with my ma' and pa' though I don't read or write it.
If you don't know who the Assyrian people are, they are an indeginous culture spreading across the Middle East. We date back millions of years... (lol not millions but long time, like one of the earliest civilizations.)
Born in Northern Iraq and came here when I was 1!
I BARELY understand French, reading or writing. I live in Canada and it is a bilingual country.
So to sum it all up...
I grew up as a Canuck. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
is soriku arabic O_o
is kirolos an arabic name?

OT: i speak english and greek (very badly)

I am wondering aswell.

Wait...

Arabic...

Bombing school treatments;..

OMG.

This is the real Soriku?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/Pictures/jan06/200106Laden.jpg

J/K Soriku.;

Around the Network

I speak Dutch, English, French, Tagalog because I'm filipino and I also speak Ilonggo. 6 languages ^_^ Who's got the record here?

Edit: I don't speak but understand Spanish and German because German is very similar to Dutch and Spanish because filipino sounds very spanish.

- French because it's my native language

-I understand well english, but for speaking is more complicated for me (I have learn english at school till 11 years old)

-Same with German, learning at school, and I live near the german border line.

- Alsacien, it's language of my area (Alsace) in the east of France, it's like german.

- I learned Latin at school but it's useless now

English - Because I can.

All others - Because I cannot.

Seriously. I had a 10 minute Hindi lesson once from a girl, who stopped because she firmly beleived my honest attempts to learn her language were an intentional mockery of them.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Filipino (tagalog dialect, which is the main dialect of the philippines... its a mix of indigenous filipino and spanish, cause spain colonized the philippines and introduced spanish) - i know it cause my mom is from there..

English - i was born in america

French - learning it in school right now... i'm rather decent at it

Japanese - my dad is japanese... i can read all the hiragana and katakana very fast, but i only remember about 300 kanji from japanese school, and my writing is pretty good, but when it comes to speaking, not that good anymore cause i quit japanese school a few years ago and my dad only talks in english/filipino so all of us can understand (including my mom)

i also studied the greek and russian alphabets, and how you pronounce letters, but i really don't know much about the actual languages..

___O_o______ said:

Japanese - my dad is japanese... i can read all the hiragana and katakana very fast, but i only remember about 300 kanji from japanese school, and my writing is pretty good, but when it comes to speaking, not that good anymore cause i quit japanese school a few years ago and my dad only talks in english/filipino so all of us can understand (including my mom)

のもしろい です