By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are we finally seeing the end of Wii supply constraints in the UK?

last summer from around june to september, the UK wasn't supply constrained. You could find a Wii anywhere you looked.

Then suddenly they all went away.

Don't worry, Nintendo will artificially constrain supplys again.

Around the Network
Morgyn said:
last summer from around june to september, the UK wasn't supply constrained. You could find a Wii anywhere you looked.

During that period Wii's were selling out within minutes EVERYWHERE and going for over £300 on Ebay.

Wii - 3348 5602 9364 2110

Mario Kart - 0474 1321 9262

Morgyn said:

No it was still tough to find... it's just it was easily possible if you look in a few gaming shops in a town/city (say there are two games and a gamestation, it would be unlikely to find a Wii in all three unless you happened to go in each just after a shipment)

The Wii fad is over! OMG! Sell your Wiis now before tehy are worthless.....hehehe JK actually goos to here availability is increasing.

Komodo said:
Morgyn said:

During that period Wii's were selling out within minutes EVERYWHERE and going for over £300 on Ebay.

The only answer I can give is a "No they didn't".. but seeing that's the reply you gave, it will have to do.

Around the Network

You know here's a wild idea totally off the wall, maybe Europe got a new shipmwnt of Wii's and that's why all the stores had them for a short while, yeah I know its a crazy idea right?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
You know here's a wild idea totally off the wall, maybe Europe got a new shipmwnt of Wii's and that's why all the stores had them for a short while, yeah I know its a crazy idea right?
 You always come in these posts with you're crazy talk - we're trying to have a sensible discussion here

But they don't have them in stock for "a short while", they have them in stock for days and days which I can never remember happening before. Game, Dixons and Comet all STILL have them in stock and now today Simply Games and Tech Focus do too. Availability is therefore increasing, not disappearing in "a short while".

ferret1603 said:
But they don't have them in stock for "a short while", they have them in stock for days and days which I can never remember happening before. Game, Dixons and Comet all STILL have them in stock and now today Simply Games and Tech Focus do too. Availability is therefore increasing, not disappearing in "a short while".

Well that's good, because now we can see how good sales are for Wii when there is adequate supply, but I doubt this will last, my guess is Nintendo just sent a lot of shipments to europe, if in two weeks the supply is still strong then you can say that supply issues have been fixed

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

John Lewis and Shop To now in stock too in addition to the others.