By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fighter Within - Kinect fighting game by Ubisoft

papamudd said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/gamescom-ubisoft-announces-the-fighter-within

There is an aweomse video at the link above. Basically this is probably the best hardcore launch title for the Kinect, and honestly I think a reason to own the Kinect Day One!!!! Not too much is detailed yet, but it seems like you'll choose your fighter avatar and be able to fight like you normally would just without the feedback of actually hitting something. 

What do you guys want to see from this game? Will it be the definitive Kinect experience? Will it raise the bar for fighters of next gen?

Wait a sec here.  How many other titles do you know which don't have too much details about, make you decided to buy a console for at launch?  Pardon myself for not seeing this being a sane decision.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Wait a sec here.  How many other titles do you know which don't have too much details about, make you decided to buy a console for at launch?  Pardon myself for not seeing this being a sane decision.

I didn't mean that this game is a determining factor for buying an X1, but rather a reason to have the Kinect V2 (which is included with the X1). I'm saying this game would/could be a reason to own/use the kinect v2

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

papamudd said:
richardhutnik said:

I didn't mean that this game is a determining factor for buying an X1, but rather a reason to have the Kinect V2 (which is included with the X1). I'm saying this game would/could be a reason to own/use the kinect v2

This is what what was said, and it to me looked like (with very little reserveration) a title little is known about, would be a reason to buy the ONE (this is how you get Kinect V2):

Basically this is probably the best hardcore launch title for the Kinect, and honestly I think a reason to own the Kinect Day One!!!! Not too much is detailed yet, but it seems like you'll choose your fighter avatar and be able to fight like you normally would just without the feedback of actually hitting something. 

richardhutnik said:
papamudd said:
richardhutnik said:

This is what what was said, and it to me looked like (with very little reserveration) a title little is known about, would be a reason to buy the ONE (this is how you get Kinect V2):

Basically this is probably the best hardcore launch title for the Kinect, and honestly I think a reason to own the Kinect Day One!!!! Not too much is detailed yet, but it seems like you'll choose your fighter avatar and be able to fight like you normally would just without the feedback of actually hitting something. 

I get ya, but (in my head) i was thinking more about it being a bonus and a reason for the kinect on top of the x1.
So more so meant it was a bonus or benefit of having the kinect day 1 with the system itself. I'm not buying or encouraging anyone to buy the x1 for this game. However, if you are getting the x1 here is a potentially awesome game that will make use of the kinect v2 day 1, and potentially be a reason to leave it plugged in.

Talal said:

papamudd said:
richardhutnik said:
papamudd said:
richardhutnik said:

I get ya, but (in my head) i was thinking more about it being a bonus and a reason for the kinect on top of the x1.
So more so meant it was a bonus or benefit of having the kinect day 1 with the system itself. I'm not buying or encouraging anyone to buy the x1 for this game. However, if you are getting the x1 here is a potentially awesome game that will make use of the kinect v2 day 1, and potentially be a reason to leave it plugged in.

Done right, a good fighting game with motion control could be a killer app.  But I say it is KEY to see if it is good, before doing that.  I would put it on a game to watch list, particularly of you are getting the ONE.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
long tree

Done right, a good fighting game with motion control could be a killer app.  But I say it is KEY to see if it is good, before doing that.  I would put it on a game to watch list, particularly of you are getting the ONE.

That's a fair point. I mean I played fight night lights out on PS  Move and it was an excellent game, but working out is against my religion... :p

If this is a killer app for kinect, which i hope it will be, (Ps move never released a killer app for me, dissapointed), it would the game to have for kinect and for having fun. 

I could see this happening: Playing COD with a friend and trash talking / bickering then jumping on Figher Within to settle things in a fun way.

Talal said:

papamudd said:
richardhutnik said:
long tree

That's a fair point. I mean I played fight night lights out on PS  Move and it was an excellent game, but working out is against my religion... :p

If this is a killer app for kinect, which i hope it will be, (Ps move never released a killer app for me, dissapointed), it would the game to have for kinect and for having fun. 

I could see this happening: Playing COD with a friend and trash talking / bickering then jumping on Figher Within to settle things in a fun way.

I know there are people also awaiting the light saber motion control game to show up.