By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Hopes It Can Target New Audience With The Wonderful 101

Nintendo UK hopes it can draw in a new audience with Wii U exclusive, The Wonderful 101.  Nintendo UK product manager Danielle Robinson believes that the game isn’t a niche title and could well appeal to a broad audience. The Wonderful 101 is developed by acclaimed developer, Platinum Games. A demo for the fast-paced action title is available to download on the Wii U eShop.

“It’s not a niche game and so it has the potential to transcend to a wider audience, which I think is an opportunity for both console and the game brand.

Source:http://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/13/nintendo-hopes-it-can-target-new-audience-with-the-wonderful-101/

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

Not with the terrible non advertisement the game is getting now, it won't. Seriously, this isn't the type of game that becomes popular through word of mouth alone. This needs to be plastered on every Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network commercial. I'm not saying that it's a kiddie game, but there's no denying that kids would eat this shit up. They just need to know about it. This is not the kind of game that explodes in preorders, but the one that becomes a smash hit, but it NEEDS commercials!!! Any adult who will potentially buy it already knows about it. They need to advertise to the 10 year old boys who 100 little action figures duking it out and think it's the coolest thing they've ever scene.

“It’s not a niche game and so it has the potential to transcend to a wider audience, which I think is an opportunity for both console and the game brand".

I completely agree that it can - if advertised properly.

Therefore it's likely that it will remain a niche title.

How when nobody knows about it?