By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Seece said:
zorg1000 said:
Seece said:
New bonus round - http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/42jhd5/bonus-round-call-of-duty-vs--battlefield

Panel agrees 2DS and Pokemon will carry Nintendo this holiday but that Super Mario 3D World is all WiiU has as a system seller.

Ya I would say 3D World is the only system seller but it has a nice collection of support titles to go along with it this holiday like Sonic, Wii Party, Wii Fit, Just Dance, Mario & Sonic Olympics. All those games appeal to families so Wii U has a good chance of finally getting that market on its side this holiday.

Indeed, they're not the type of titles to get Nintendo fans on board tho and right now that's the main target audience interested in WiiU.

Remains to be seen whether WiiU ect will entice casuals.

Yup. One's 1080p at 60fps while the other is sub 720p at 30.

Around the Network
Seece said:
zorg1000 said:
Seece said:
New bonus round - http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/42jhd5/bonus-round-call-of-duty-vs--battlefield

Panel agrees 2DS and Pokemon will carry Nintendo this holiday but that Super Mario 3D World is all WiiU has as a system seller.

Ya I would say 3D World is the only system seller but it has a nice collection of support titles to go along with it this holiday like Sonic, Wii Party, Wii Fit, Just Dance, Mario & Sonic Olympics. All those games appeal to families so Wii U has a good chance of finally getting that market on its side this holiday.

Indeed, they're not the type of titles to get Nintendo fans on board tho and right now that's the main target audience interested in WiiU.

Wii Party U can go either way. Only a couple of weeks until we get an idea if it could entice the casuals. By casuals, i mean the family market - which is the market Wii Party U is really going for. 

But, when all is said and done, Nintendo overall is still going to sell the most dedicated gaming hardware this holiday - that i'm pretty sure of.

RedPikmin95 said:
Seece said:
RedPikmin95 said:
Incubi said:
RedPikmin95 said:

Loool guys, I recently found this pic:

Yes, it's Forza 5, an Xbox One-Game, not Forza 4 or so...

Interestingly, i found this picture of NFS: Most Wanted U

Wow, this actually looks quiet pretty ! I think you can classify both pictures into the same level...

Welcome to the world of bullshots. Can't believe there are still people that think WiiU  is capable of Xbox One graphics.

Why not? Actually nin10do made a technical analysis of Wii U somewhere in page 60-70. So let's wait a bit and see how the graphical differences really will be :)

That Most Wanted U picture is just a picture taken with the WiiU browser.

RedPikmin95 said:
Seece said:
RedPikmin95 said:

Wow, this actually looks quiet pretty ! I think you can classify both pictures into the same level...

Welcome to the world of bullshots. Can't believe there are still people that think WiiU  is capable of Xbox One graphics.

Why not? Actually nin10do made a technical analysis of Wii U somewhere in page 60-70. So let's wait a bit and see how the graphical differences really will be :)

Which virtually nobody agrees with as it's entirely baseles. Xbox One has far more powerful tech inside it, everything we've seen so far shows XB1 games are much prettier.

Incubi said:
Seece said:
zorg1000 said:
Seece said:

Wii Party U can go either way. Only a couple of weeks until we get an idea if it could entice the casuals. By casuals, i mean the family market - which is the market Wii Party U is really going for. 

But, when all is said and done, Nintendo overall is still going to sell the most dedicated gaming hardware this holiday - that i'm pretty sure of.

Again, still think it's a toss up between the big 3.

I personally can't see WiiU pushing more than 1.5m in US between Nov and Dec. 700k~ in Japan, and less than 1m in Europe which would be 3.2m. Nintendo shipped that much last year in the xmas Q, so Sony and MS are just as capable of doing the same, especially as the hype and demand far exceeds the WiiU's launch.

Around the Network

Seece said:

Incubi said:

Again, still think it's a toss up between the big 3.

I personally can't see WiiU pushing more than 1.5m in US between Nov and Dec. 700k~ in Japan, and less than 1m in Europe which would be 3.2m. Nintendo shipped that much last year in the xmas Q, so Sony and MS are just as capable of doing the same, especially as the hype and demand far exceeds the WiiU's launch.

The strategy Nintendo seem to be going for this holiday is a 1-2 punch. They will try to entice the "family market" and the "Nintendo fan market". If they succeed with both, they'll do really well. If they succeed with only one of those two markets, they will only do "ok". If they dont succeed with either? Then i'll see a massive "welp". Atleast, thats how i see it. I'm still not convinced they can do both yet, unlike Johnlucas. 

Well, my predictions for the end of 2013 are as follows:

I can see PS4 selling up to 3 Mio. max (thanks to massive Europe support)
Xbox One is going to be roughly between 2.2 and 2.5 Mio max

The Wii U has the potential to hit or beat the 10 Million Mark, though.
Best case: JL prediction becomes true (12M)
The minimum would be 8-9 Mio. imo

RedPikmin95 said:
Well, my predictions for the end of 2013 are as follows:

I can see PS4 selling up to 3 Mio. max (thanks to massive Europe support)
Xbox One is going to be roughly between 2.2 and 2.5 Mio max

The Wii U has the potential to hit or beat the 10 Million Mark, though.
Best case: JL prediction becomes true (12M)
The minimum would be 8-9 Mio. imo

PS4 is only $100/$50 more than WiiU at launch, there isn't some massive gulf in price to blame for PS4 selling low. So yeah, the hype it's getting and the fact it has a large target audience means of course it'll sell better than WiiU. Xbox Ones price and PS4 may see it do less but even then, the demand is there more than WiiU at launch.

Mario 3D Worlds is not Wii U`s only system seller.
Wii Party sold 8.16 million and 3.30 of that was in Europe, where there`s a bundle coming with the game.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games franchise always sold in the millions and the new one is bound to attract families and kids aswell.
Same goes for Just Dance and Wii Fit.

This holiday season, Wii U is going to have 6 franchises that sold millions on Wii. Not games, franchises.

DélioPT said:
Mario 3D Worlds is not Wii U`s only system seller.
Wii Party sold 8.16 million and 3.30 of that was in Europe, where there`s a bundle coming with the game.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games franchise always sold in the millions and the new one is bound to attract families and kids aswell.
Same goes for Just Dance and Wii Fit.

This holiday season, Wii U is going to have 6 franchises that sold millions on Wii. Not games, franchises.

On a system that had the userbase that those games appealed too. It doesn't have that now and that userbase isn't interested because of the concept of the system.

It's funny how little to nothing has been a system seller so far.

You can bet bottom dollar if it was NSMB WiiU releasing this holiday we'd be hearing the exact same argument "NSMB Wii sold over 25 million on the Wii, it was HUGE, people will buy the WiiU for it".