By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War 2 Producer Cory Barlog Returns to Sony Santa Monica Studios

God of War 2 producer Cory Barlog has returned to the place he received this big break, Sony Santa Monica Studios. Barlog is back with the firm after a six-year hiatus. 

Barlog announced his return to Sony on the PS Blog, and said he is working on a “freaking huge” project.

“What am I working on, you ask? Good question. Sadly, I cannot tell you…yet,” he wrote. “But I can say that it is freaking huge, and it will live up to the standards that I helped establish here at SMS.

“We’re putting together a team as I type this, an Ocean’s 11 kind of thing. We are searching the world high and low for the best of the BEST to come and be on the ground floor of this endeavor.

“So, hey, if you are a freaking rock star unafraid to roll your sleeves up and take risks, reading this thinking that your current digs are feeling…well…a bit small, a bit dull and in need of some excitement – you need to contact me at Sony Santa Monica.”

I’m almost positive his newest project is God of War 4. God of War 2 is looked at by many to be the best entry in the franchise. Barlog was in charge of GOW2, Sony knows they need his expertise in franchise after the lackluster performance of God of War Ascension.

Are you guys excited by this announcement? If Sony announces God of War 4 with Barlog in the lead, that would get me real excited to pick up a PS4.

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

BEST
NEWS
EVER
! ! ! !

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=165974

Locking.

(Although I'll move the forum of that other thread, seems a bit more sensible to have it in Sony news)