By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the best Devil May Cry game between 1,3, and 4

I really like the third installment... i don't know... for me was the variety of weapons and styles... and the high speed... i think the first one it's kind of slow...

Yeap... this is Lavos...

Around the Network

DMC3:SE. being able to use Vergil/Nelo Angelo with the Yamato was worth the money.

Hmm, good question. I'm just starting DMC4, and it's a blast, but I'm not sure if the storyline will hold up over the entire game. When I get to the end, I'll let you know if it managed to surpass DMC3.

DMC3 was magnificent, the best of the first three. DMC1 had fine game-play, but the characters weren't really fleshed out. DMC2 lacked a decent storyline and characters, and the boss battles were a mess.

DMC3's only problem was that the combat was a bit too difficult for the average player - the Special Edition, fortunately, fixed this problem. But the game-play was stupendous, the special moves terrific, the cut-scenes were, as they used to say in the 70s, dy-no-mite (the tower dive and Nevan sequences are still breathtaking, even today), and the story of the battling brothers compelling and genuinely moving. Great voice-acting, too - Kari Wahlgren, one of the greatest voice actresses working in games today, did a spectacular job playing the role of Lady.