By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Study on HDTV owners... Happy with DVD players?

I have an HDTV and I'm fine with DVD too, no need for blu ray yet.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

DVDs look very crappy on HDTV even if they'r upscaling.
I just don't like the picture quality, thats why I bought a PS3, and the games of course.

Wii # 1303 9468 5016 0389

PSN Cmarkru

Xbox live gold Cmarkru

Please feel free to ad me any time, just let me know.

Most people do not care about their audio/video 'experience'. It may matter greatly to some niche groups (avsforum), but those groups comprise a very small portion of the market.

I don't know how anyone could stand to watch a movie with a cheap 5.1 walmart system and a HDTV connected to a dvd player with composite cable, but a lot of people wouldn't have a problem with that. It's all a matter of preference and priorities.

I don't think that HD media will die, though it might be relegated to a status similar to what the laserdisc enjoyed.

I own 3 HDTVs and have no interest in Blu. I have see the picture quality in store demos and it really aint that great. If I did buy blu Id be the only person I know with a player and couldnt watch movies at friends houses.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

hey i was also happy with dvds and crtv's.
but looking at HD pictures just blew me away.
now i have 1080p hdtv with blu-ray and im even happier.

you know that feeling where youre satisfied with your life, and then suddenly you fall in love?
might be an extreme analogy, but it fits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

I'm not really surprised by this, i bet most people don't even know what HD is, they plug their HDTV in and they think thats HD. I have seen some photo's before on the Sony forums of DVD's being upscaled on the 360 which is like a normal DVD player to the same DVD being played on the PS3 and the difference was insane. But i can't see why people with HDTV's would not buy a Upscaling DVD player, you can get some really good ones for only $100.