By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I've decided NOT to buy super smash brothers brawl

i honestly don't like SSB. At least it doesn't appeal to me. The only one I truly liked was the N64 one. SSBM was an ADD fest to me. Maybe I'm getting older, but its too fast and flashy for me.

I got SSB:M because it was bundled in with my GCN.

I'm one of those Wii owners that isn't a ::marioboy:: as crazzyman likes to point out. In fact, other than Mario Golf (which I actually didn't buy), and the Lost Levels on my Virtual Console, I have never bought a Mario game (besides the SSB games). SMB on NES was bundled and I was like 6 at the time so that don't count either.

And I probably won't get SMG since I can just borrow it from everyone else.

Around the Network

Terrible idea. Brawl is more important than everything else in life. It is life.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

OMG, your not getting SSBB right away, you crazy?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

The_vagabond7 said:
Terrible idea. Brawl is more important than everything else in life. It is life.

SSBB is life.....the rest are just details

I can understand exactly; I had to pry myself away from FF12 when it came out otherwise I'd have failed my english coursework.

Plus, my brother hasnt bought Football Manager 2008 yet because hes in his final year at uni, and it takes over his life.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

Good luck on your grades but hopefuly you don't need it
and it's going to be painful wating for brawl

^maybe everybody should pretend it was never created! (if that is even possible)

That Guy said:
i honestly don't like SSB. At least it doesn't appeal to me. The only one I truly liked was the N64 one. SSBM was an ADD fest to me. Maybe I'm getting older, but its too fast and flashy for me.

Brawl is actually slightly slower than Melee, the controls are less twitchy, and there are far more ways to customize than before. If you think the action is too frantic to enjoy, you can always slow the game's speed down, play with bigger and slower characters, use less items, play on simpler levels etc.

Not trying to say you're a bad person for not liking it (even though you are), just that if you ever feel interested int he game, there are more than enough ways to go around any problems you might face. =P

i think i'm more of a RTS guy anyways. The only fighting games I've truly liked were the Street Fighter games (any of them, really) and Soul Calibur.

If there ever were a MushroomkingdomCraft where it was a mascot RTS, I'd be all over it like a fat kid on chocolate.

^so in Brawl u can't wavedash now? (referring to the controls are less twitchy)