By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Owner Poll - What's the most important for you to buy a game?

GooseGaws said:
blaydcor said:
GooseGaws said:
I realize he's trying to protect Terra and Celes because he couldn't protect Rachel, but that's exactly what makes him the tragic, romantic gentleman. If he was a bitter, heartless thief, he wouldn't give a damn.
See, that's his character arc. Initially, he seems like a callous, heartless thief. And slowly, through his gruff kindness, etc, we realize he's more than that. We wonder why; the Rachel plot line finally explains all this. It's actually very excellent character devolepment; Locke's one of my favorites.

Locke is also one of my favorites, perhaps my most favorite. I think he benefits from having more exposure than many of the other characters early on.

He's my favorite as well.  He had a lot of great character development.  

Around the Network

For me the most important aspect for any video game I choose would have to be the games story. then it would be followed by gameplay and the games replay value. the very last aspect for me in choosing the games I play would be the games graphics. I have played some great PS2 games that look like they could have been released on the Sega Genesis or the orginal playstation.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

GooseGaws said:
blaydcor said:
GooseGaws said:
I realize he's trying to protect Terra and Celes because he couldn't protect Rachel, but that's exactly what makes him the tragic, romantic gentleman. If he was a bitter, heartless thief, he wouldn't give a damn.
See, that's his character arc. Initially, he seems like a callous, heartless thief. And slowly, through his gruff kindness, etc, we realize he's more than that. We wonder why; the Rachel plot line finally explains all this. It's actually very excellent character devolepment; Locke's one of my favorites.

Locke is also one of my favorites, perhaps my most favorite. I think he benefits from having more exposure than many of the other characters early on.
The initial exposure does a lot for him. Also the first time I played I was about 7; my name is "Luke"; "Locke" to me seemed like a cool "Final Fantasy-ized" version of my name....haha. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I just wonder why ppl cant make a classic work of art like ff6 these days..

My main group

Terra

Cyan

Sabin

Mog/Locke

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

naznatips said:
iclim4 said:
twesterm said:
iclim4 said:
definately C.

I'd play a 2d sprite animated game, with broken gameplay if the story is good enough.

So you like FFVI then? (and I can say that because it's by far my favorite game even though the gameplay is bad)

Unfotunately I havent played it yet, I did plan on picking up the GB version for my DS.
which one would you recommend the ps1 version or the GB version?

right now im hooked on Phoenix Wright games...
thats how important the story in a game is to me

Oh, and for FFVI:  GBA > SNES > PS1 version.  Unless you want ridiculous load times and hideous cut scenes, avoidt he PS1 version at all costs.   I may catch some flak for saying the GBA version is best, but IMO games should be played with their correct dialog.  The music quality is a bit worse, but not bad.  

funny thing is, If it wasnt for your recommendations I would have never heard of Phoenix Wright.
so, right back at you man

speaking of sountracks in this thread, do you still happen to have the phoenix wright ost links Naz?

edit: you know what? this thread has just become too spoilerific for me.
would you mind sending me the link in a pm instead? please and thank you ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

Alright time to comandeer this poll a little further, classic question?

FF6? Or Chronotrigger?

Me, toss up, depends on my mood.

My FF6 group?

Locke

Celese

Terra

Shadow/Sabin 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I have to give FFVI the slight edge; I love Chrono Trigger almost as much, but for different reasons.

FFVI party:

Sabin - for the Blitz
Edgar - for the Tools
Locke - for the Mug
Terra - for the Magic/Morph

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

:) i love talking about ff6 with fellow awesome gamers

FF6 is = Chrono Trigger for me

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
:) i love talking about ff6 with fellow awesome gamers

It's crazy to think that the game is almost 14 years old now...

And like you say, nothing since has really matched it. 

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

E. (All of the above)

1) Gameplay
2) Graphics + General impressiveness of the game (Physics, enemies on screen, huge worlds, solid framerate, audio, etc, etc)
3) Story (depending on sort of game also crucial for me, in games like Resistance: Fall of Man or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune far more important than games like Motorstorm and Super Stardust HD)
4) Replay value (especially for games lacking an appealing Epic story line)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales