By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Broken PS3!

wiiforever said:
however, calling sony takes like 3 hours cause the person makes u check like everything and is just a big hassle in general

I'm going to assume that you have never called Sony regarding a PS3 issue, and therefore you should not be posting about something you've never done. Stop trying to give the PS3 a bad name.

Around the Network

^well I have called when my PSP and PS2 broke
*gasp* yes I do have a Ps2 and PSP

wiiforever said:
^well I have called when my PSP and PS2 broke
*gasp* yes I do have a Ps2 and PSP

At least you called on getting your ps2 fixed.  I tried to tell a friend of mine to call Sony to fix his after the dreaded disc read error.  He went and bought another one.  This happened to him 3 times...

Anyways...it's always the luck of the draw when it comes to customer service. 

I've only read comments of people getting new consoles from sony who've had that problem.

Oh no. Another one.

I've had problems too. The motor in my disc drive died. The discs just wouldn't spin.

Around the Network

I heard it was just a bad batch of PS3's made that is causing the the disc problems...have no source for that, but that is something that I've heard.

I will go against the advice of my fellow posters, and say return it to the store first, and see if they will exchange the faulty product. Often many stores will honor the return out of a sense of customer stores, and in many cases your own local lemon laws cover such issues.

Seeing as we are not discussing an exceptional unit it could be well worth the effort to save a few weeks of down time. The store will then ship the faulty product back for a refund. Your just letting them take the down time off of your hands. Further more getting a new machine from the retailer only guarantees a unit in better condition. The more time something is in the shipping channel the more wear and tear it goes through. Finally you also avoid the lost in translation issue that does happen with every company. They misplace your machine, or it got routed to a distant location and so forth.

Obviously with a broken Wii you have only one option, and I always recommend that people ship their broken 360s back to Microsoft. What many people haven't heard is that Microsoft has been known to send a machine without a hard drive back with a hard drive. A nice hard drive for your trouble whats not to love. Just remember to remove the hard drive before sending it in. I have talked to a few people that have snagged themselves free hard drives.