By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Broken PS3!

My friend has had his ps3 since christmas and just to day it stopped reading any discs. What should he do, return it to the store he got it in(he still has his receipt) Or just call sony? Will sony send him a refurb instead of a new one?

^_^

Around the Network

call sony - they prob will ask u to send it in

I told him the same thing but he said it would take way too long for them to send it back.

^_^

Well you should call Sony to see if there is a quick fix, such as cleaning the lense with proper procedures and what not. Its probably just dust

If he doesnt wanna send it in then, tell him to buy another one. Otherwise hell have to do without.

Around the Network

I had the same problem, Sony sent in the box, got mine replaced, and got it back...took less than 3 weeks. It's not the end of the world if he has to wait 3 weeks.

I would tell him to try calling Sony first. They might be able to give him advice without having to send it in.

Well do they send a new one or a refurb one

^_^

new

Sony sent a new one to me; I had the disc read problem too. So he'll probably get a new one as well. Curious, does he have the 80 gig, 60 gig, or 40 gig? I had a 60 gig and I made sure I got a new 60 gig in return (which I did).  Make sure he or someone in his family has the receipt and make a copy of it because Sony will ask for a copy of the receipt.