By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Favorite movie quotes.

Heh, just about any quote from Lord of the Rings would work, but these are some of my favorites:

"A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship...
An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down...
But it is not this day."
-- Aragorn, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.
--Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Also the part when the riders of Rohan reach Minas Tirith in the final movie, and King Theoden gives his speech and they blow their horns... gives me a chill everytime.

Yes, I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan, if you can't tell. 

Around the Network

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What's your name again?"

"Andy"

"Riiight, Andy. Well Andy, don't ever be named Dan, because Dan rhymes with Man and men jerk off, and that's what he is: a jerk off!"

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

"Tread softly what are you talking about tread softly, don't tell me you don't know how to rustle up a bar".

"Don't ever jump in front of a black man in a buffet line"

"Dude, didn't anybody tell you? Never touch a black mans radio"

Basically that Chris Tucker says in a Rush Hour film.

"Luke, I am your father"-Darth Vader from Star Wars

Around the Network

"Husbands should be like Kleenex: soft, strong, and disposable." ~ Ms. White (Clue)

"Well, it's a matter of life after death. Now that he's dead, I have a life. " ~ Ms. White (Clue)

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die."

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

darthdominion said:
"Luke, I am your father"-Darth Vader from Star Wars
  I 2nd that one.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Weird how the best quotes have to do with rings:

best quote ever the beginning of lotr:
1. One ring to rule them all
from the ring
2.before you die you see the ring
and can't think of any other but mostly from lord of the rings

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!

omg OMG omg OMG I ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION THE BEST QUOTE EVER, ACTUALLY A TIE WITH LOTR

1.FROM THE MASTERPIECE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN:
Tell you what, we coulda had a good life together! Fuckin' real good life! Had us a place of our own. But you didn't want it, Ennis! So what we got now is Brokeback Mountain!

2.I wish I knew how to quit you.

3.If you can't fix it, Jack, you gotta stand it

4.Ennis Del Mar: This is a one-shot thing we got goin' on here.
Jack Twist: It's nobody's business but ours.
Ennis Del Mar: You know I ain't queer.
Jack Twist: Me neither

5.ONE OF THE BEST:
Bottom line is... we're around each other an'... this thing, it grabs hold of us again... at the wrong place... at the wrong time... and we're dead.

OMG PLS SEE THIS MOVIE IF U HAVEN'T ITS TRULY AN AMERICAN CLASSIC AND HAS MANY OF THE MOST MEMORABLE QUOTES IN MOVIE HIRTORY!

RIP HEATH LEDGER HE WAS SUCH A GREAT TALENT HE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED.

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!