By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

So any convenient place to follow gdc live or replays especially the MS focused parts????

Around the Network

Sony raised the price on PS4 by $50 in canada as well as their games to $70? Wasnt aware of this until just now. IF MSFT did this, people would lose their shit. I guess it is understandable to a degree though since Canada's dollar isnt as high as the USD and Sony is really struggling atm, but still not very cool of them to do either.

shikamaru317 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Sony raised the price on PS4 by $50 in canada as well as their games to $70? Wasnt aware of this until just now. IF MSFT did this, people would lose their shit. I guess it is understandable to a degree though since Canada's dollar isnt as high as the USD and Sony is really struggling atm, but still not very cool of them to do either.

Hopefully Microsoft will keep pricing where it's at, would level the playing field in Canada some.

Nah, id like to see XBO get a pricecut this holiday. After using kinect  I 100% believe that Kinect is worth the extra $100 but it doesnt change the fact that it has a bad repuation which is XBO's biggest problem.  The perception of the console.  I mentioned in this thread before but people tend to focus on the past so much rather than the present and MSFT's late years with X360 was abysmal, most likely because they were preparing for a big launch with XBO, and Kinect on X360 had problems on its own as we all know.

The XBO MSFT this year seems to be an entire new orgnization from 3 years ago, and even last year they seemed entirely different. Theyre releasing more games than ever and Kinect is a new entity, but it wont change people's perception without a lot more work including an eventual price cut

they also increased the price of the ps4 in south africa as well

http://www.pointgames.net/games-consoles/prices-for-ps4-go-up-in-south-africa

shikamaru317 said:

No, I meant for right now in Canada, I'm hoping they won't raise the price like Sony did, if Microsoft keeps the Xbox One at it's current price it'll level the playing field in Canada. Like you I'm hoping Microsoft will do a price cut before this Holiday season, hopefully down to $400.

Ohhhh, gotchya now lol  Yeah, i dont think they would do that, though i wouldnt make any bets on it either.  The thing is, or at least from what was said back in september 2013, MSFT is profiting off of XBO while i believe Sony is already taking a small loss on PS4.  Add this into MSFT being very profitable and their entertainment division profits as well while Sony is losing billions and on the verge of bankruptcy they prob cant afford any further loss, specially considering how hot of a product PS4 is atm.

Around the Network

Shikamaru for everyone they need to improve the website alot.

shikamaru317 said:
Azerth said:
they also increased the price of the ps4 in south africa as well

http://www.pointgames.net/games-consoles/prices-for-ps4-go-up-in-south-africa

I believe I heard they increased it in Venezuela as well. Sony is taking some of these smaller markets for granted, Microsoft needs to pounce on the opportunity. Microsoft needs to add South Africa and Venezuela to tier 2 and release in Tier 2 in April like ntkrnl leaked, they have a real oppurtunity to compete in a level playing field in those countries if they act fast. 

I think Sony just wants to break even on the device in those countries or make a similar margin of profit on each PS4 as they do in all other countries. I don't know about South Africa, but the PS4 was selling for $359 US dollars here in Canada. That could be losing them money, and given their bad finances, that had to be stopped. So I guess they thought that as long as the PS4 is cheaper than X1, a price increase won't hurt them. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ok it's so slow lets play a game....

What’s the difference between Call of Duty and a restaurant???

answer coming later unless you find it first...

Answer:

A restaurant usually has a good host and servers that work.

What was going in that tweets did albert provide wrong information all the dgpu and all can someone put in for me please and vgc main page is man dammnnn slow.