By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Ryuu96 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Fantastic interview!  And all the more reason to think Phantom Dust is making a return to XBO

Yep, he could of just not replied to him saying Phantom Dust name but said he can't say anything Lol...his terrible at keeping secrets =P seems obvious now it's coming or atleast in final stages of dicussing it

There is more of the interview that I didn't put in the text part but I think that's most of the main stuff anyway and I've already mentioned that he said about Games with Gold and something else...I only copy and pasted parts of the interview from different sites Loll

Thanks!  I would have never gotten around to actually listening to it.  Went ahead and put it on the front page since i thought it was a really good interview.  

Around the Network

Wow those Sony executives were so rude and immature. I'm most surprised with Hirai. Oh well, looking at Sony's finances, he might not be CEO for much longer.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

shikamaru317 said:
JayWood2010 said:
So what does everybody think of the hardware numbers for last week? XBO stayed flat and managed roughly the same amount while PS4 had a big dropoff. WiiU continues to struggle and the Vita found new light in Japan. Of course 3DS continues to beast its way through.

I was hoping that Xbox One would see another gain, but I'm happy with it keeping the increase from last week. This week will be the big one, Microsoft needs to sell over 200k Xbox One's with the Titanfall bundle. As for PS4 dropping, it seems like Sony witheld units so that they'd have more for this week to better compete against Titanfall, and to have units ready for Infamous next week. Wii U is starting to fall back towards the numbers it had last year, must be concerning for Nintendo, if Mario Kart 8 fails to move alot of units they may be looking at less than 10 million sold by the end of the year. I was surprised to see Vita's increase, if Sony can maintain that they'll regain some marketshare against the 3DS and beat the Wii U. 

200k is a lot, I would have been happy if it would have been more than 100K + 1 million for Titanfall.  Are their no leaderboards for any game? I would love to know how the Indies are doing..

It's funny how you all say that the Sony executives were so rude and immature back in 2006, but I could just as easily find quotes from Major Nelson bad mouthing Sony in 2006, and even some more recently in 2013 when they revealed the PS4. 

I love seeing you guys post some quotes Sony Execs have said in the past when it's also quite easy to find some of the arrogant things Microsoft had done in 06 when the PS3 was launching. You want to know why? Because they were beating the PS3 at the time. But now in 2014, they "want the hate to stop" and they "hate the fanboys", which is pretty funny considering they are the only ones being hated on (for the most part) right now. 

But ah well, I shall let you all live in your little bubble, of MS being the nice guy. I just don't think you should be bad mouthing Sony, when Pretty much all three console manufacturers have had their bad days. 

If you want to look at someone who represents Sony in a good light, look at Shu Yoshida and Boyes (The tweet he made was a joke, calm yourselves). I suggest you even go listen to some of the interviews Shu has done before these next gen consoles have launched, where he reiterates that he wants all three console manufactures to do well because he wants the video game industry as a whole to flourish. 

I just find some of the comments in this thread by a couple specific users who say "this is exactly why I hate Sony" quite hypocritical, when their own  favorite console manufacturer has done the same in the past.

All I'm trying to say is you guys take some of the comments these guys make on Twitter (Twitter ffs...) too close to heart. 

GamechaserBE said:
shikamaru317 said:
JayWood2010 said:
So what does everybody think of the hardware numbers for last week? XBO stayed flat and managed roughly the same amount while PS4 had a big dropoff. WiiU continues to struggle and the Vita found new light in Japan. Of course 3DS continues to beast its way through.

I was hoping that Xbox One would see another gain, but I'm happy with it keeping the increase from last week. This week will be the big one, Microsoft needs to sell over 200k Xbox One's with the Titanfall bundle. As for PS4 dropping, it seems like Sony witheld units so that they'd have more for this week to better compete against Titanfall, and to have units ready for Infamous next week. Wii U is starting to fall back towards the numbers it had last year, must be concerning for Nintendo, if Mario Kart 8 fails to move alot of units they may be looking at less than 10 million sold by the end of the year. I was surprised to see Vita's increase, if Sony can maintain that they'll regain some marketshare against the 3DS and beat the Wii U. 

200k is a lot, I would have been happy if it would have been more than 100K + 1 million for Titanfall.  Are their no leaderboards for any game? I would love to know how the Indies are doing..

Yeah im going to agree with this lol  200k might be a little mucc.  100k+ is just fine for me.  But if somehow it managed 200k you wont see me complaining for being wrong haha

Around the Network

That is very sad to see PopCap lose some employees :/ Im glad Garden Warfare's team was unaffected but to be fair, PopCap is pretty talented throughout all their games. Wonder what happened. Hopefully with PvZ:GW they will make some money :)

I do have to say Phil Spencer's recent comment about fanboys and console wars is just perfect. TitanFall displays the attitude he was talking about exactly.

Why the hell is ps4 everytime out of stock. I don't get it Sony said they were making a million of them but they are not shopping or what I believe demand for ps4 is high but is given more credit vecuase Sony not shopping properly.
Sony is smart. Microsoft should have also not overshipped.
ms I want u to learn 2 things from,Sony support consoles more and invest in new IPS throughout the generation.
I think ms learned his lesson from previous generation

Rumor: Resident Evil 7 Exclusive to Xbox One

For the E3 2014 Capcom is planning an official announcement of Resident Evil 7 According to the latest rumors. Previously, it should, however, give a first teaser for the game in May. The special feature, however, is that the horror game is supposed to appear in January 2015 for the Xbox One. 

This decision is intended to also be associated with the great and unexpected success of Xbox exclusives One Dead Rising 3. An official confirmation is yet awaited.

If that RE7 rumour is true then Microsoft is getting serious about trying to win Japan all they need is Monster Hunter,Shenmue and Street Fighter exclusivity and they are done.