By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

so yeah at that price I think that game ain't that bad

Around the Network

Wow, I just watched the Titanfall video, looks fucking sick. I just hope I'm at least ok at playing it. I remember thinking that Crysis looked good on the 360 but I was so terrible at it that I didn't play for long.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Lo, the prodigal son hath returned. Microsoft's European development boss Phil Spencer has written a few thoughts about where Xbox One will head after release. Thank god you've come along to the party, Phil - we're starting to run out of ways to ask your associate Phil Spencer (aka Phil: NTSC Edition) whether Microsoft has signed anybody up to develop Crackdown 3. Speak unto your People, Phil. Tell us of the wonders that await.

"One of the things I enjoy most about Gamescom is engaging directly with our fans," reads a post by Harrison on Xbox NewsWire, uploaded shortly after this morning's presser in Cologne, Germany wound down.

"Their passion is absolutely extraordinary and it was a thrill to see so much buzz and excitement around our Xbox One launch line up and announcements we made," he went on. We got fantastic reactions across the board, from Forza Motorsport 5 to Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct.

"A title you might have heard of - Titanfall - was particularly in demand. We got fantastic reactions to Kinect Sports Rivals and Project Spark too. In the end, the games do the talking - and we can't wait for you to play."

Microsoft's Gamescom event certainly wasn't without its highlights - top of the list are (1) the revelation that every European Xbox One pre-order will ship with a copy of FIFA 14, and (2) the announcement of Fable Legends, an online-only, co-op Fable in which one player stars as the villain. There's more to reveal, however.

"I left our showcase event with same thought I always have: what next?" Harrison continued. "We haven't even launched yet but rest assured we're already planning more great stuff to ensure that Xbox continues to raise the bar.

"So expect more mega franchises like FIFA, with Xbox exclusive content. Expect more exclusives titles like Titanfall. Expect more epics like Halo and Call of Duty. Expect more games reimagined for Xbox One such as Fable Legends. And expect the most immersive, new generation gameplay with multiplayer and innovations like Kinect and SmartGlass which make your experience way more fun and authentic than it could have been before."

Good god, it's as if Winston Churchill were still alive and running a major international console manufacturer. You can count on us, Phil. Always ready to lay down our lives in the name of promo copy.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. What do you think? The mention of "reimaginings" is particularly interesting, for me, given Spencer's obvious love for classic Microsoft IP. There's even a Battletoads mention. Would you play an Xbox One reboot of Battletoads? I'd prefer a new Crimson Angels, myself.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/60794/phil-harrison-there-are-more-xbox-one-exclusives-exclusive-dlc-and-franchise-reboots-to-come/

Some more points.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166536&page=11#5

DJEVOLVE said:
Got me some points.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166114&page=1#

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166536&page=1#

Some more points. I'm going to keep quoting my point links for a index for myself.

Around the Network

Wanna create a Tower Defense game in Project Spark?

Here you go.

Xbox Gamescom Showcase Breifing

Apparently more exclusive announcements is coming foo the Xbox One. I assume this will take place at TGS.

JayWood2010 said:
Apparently more exclusive announcements is coming foo the Xbox One. I assume this will take place at TGS.

Which quote is that??

Not that it's surprising, I expect a better showing at TGS than what we got from Gamescom actually. MS Osaka's game, rumoured exclusive Platinum game, and possibly a buyout/bought Japanese game, something from the Tales series again or SE.

Seece said:
JayWood2010 said:

Which quote is that??

"I left our showcase event with same thought I always have: what next?" Harrison continued. "We haven't even launched yet but rest assured we're already planning more great stuff to ensure that Xbox continues to raise the bar.

"So expect more mega franchises like FIFA, with Xbox exclusive content. Expect more exclusives titles like Titanfall. Expect more epics like Halo and Call of Duty. Expect more games reimagined for Xbox One such as Fable Legends. And expect the most immersive, new generation gameplay with multiplayer and innovations like Kinect and SmartGlass which make your experience way more fun and authentic than it could have been before."