By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

300 euro would actually be a great price, I agree!

Around the Network

Aria looks incredible. Will soon get season 2 and I agree Killer Instinct is underrated and overlooked. This game deserves more.

What MS needs to do is change people's perception of videogames in Europe.
In some places PlayStation is used to denominate any game console, even Xbox.
With deals like the one they made with NFL, UEFA can put Xbox logo on every top league matches and Champions League.

Goatseye said:

"Vamos a echarnos una Play!" which translates as "Let's go enjoy time with the play (playstation)" can be used in Spain to refer to every single console out in existence.

Wright said:
Goatseye said:

"Vamos a echarnos una Play!" which translates as "Let's go enjoy time with the play (playstation)" can be used in Spain to refer to every single console out in existence.

Yeah in Portugal as well. When even old coaches say, we can only compete with bigger teams on PlayStation, you already know what's up.

Around the Network

ark, looks pretty cool

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

crissindahouse said:

I think price is also an issue, most n Europe will simply not buy an XBO instead of a PS4 if the price is only a little bit cheaper. It has to be a real difference to let people think that an XBO would be also fine for them.

I get an XBO for 349 and sometimes even for cheaper but I can also get a PS4 for 375 or sometimes even cheaper here. That's not a difference which will change anything here in the heads of the people.

It is simply like it is, some companies can't compete with others in different markets if the price difference isn't big.

It's as if a company from Korea or Japan building cars like VW would try to sell their cars for the same price in Germany. They won't have a chance, VW will always dominate them. Only the price difference helps them to take at least a few sales from VW.

Same with Apple for smartphones and so on...

What?  The WiiU is a lot cheaper and people are not getting it in Europe while they got the Wii.  The reason why people are not wild for xbox one is because it offers not enough.  

MS always cut the price but should instead use that money to offer more and cut the price later.  Remember the original Xbox launch in Europe?

It launched for 299 Euro and it had an price cut in less than a month to like 180€.  They even give 'we are sorry' packages for early buyers that included Halo CE and DOA3  (two games that most of us already bought =p).  If you are cheaper than your concurrent but still get outsold then you should know that the issue is something else than the price imo.

GamechaserBE said:
crissindahouse said:

I think price is also an issue, most n Europe will simply not buy an XBO instead of a PS4 if the price is only a little bit cheaper. It has to be a real difference to let people think that an XBO would be also fine for them.

I get an XBO for 349 and sometimes even for cheaper but I can also get a PS4 for 375 or sometimes even cheaper here. That's not a difference which will change anything here in the heads of the people.

It is simply like it is, some companies can't compete with others in different markets if the price difference isn't big.

It's as if a company from Korea or Japan building cars like VW would try to sell their cars for the same price in Germany. They won't have a chance, VW will always dominate them. Only the price difference helps them to take at least a few sales from VW.

Same with Apple for smartphones and so on...

What?  The WiiU is a lot cheaper and people are not getting it in Europe while they got the Wii.  The reason why people are not wild for xbox one is because it offers not enough.  

MS always cut the price but should instead use that money to offer more and cut the price later.  Remember the original Xbox launch in Europe?

It launched for 299 Euro and it had an price cut in less than a month to like 180€.  They even give 'we are sorry' packages for early buyers that included Halo CE and DOA3  (two games that most of us already bought =p).  If you are cheaper than your concurrent but still get outsold then you should know that the issue is something else than the price imo.

wii u is a different situation. The things wii u lacks , is different than what the x1 lacks. x1 is just as competent as the 360 ever was, besides for the fact its a little weaker than it competitor compared to 360. Wii u is in a much worse situation, with much less 3rd party support and no gimmick that will help it. Power is the x1's problem and the best way to solve that problem is its price. As for the xbox, that was ms's first console and it had no brand power and didnt have a plethora of ip's compared to now.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Massive Chalice is a pretty good game to give away with gold...Not directly my cup of tea but way better than an old indie game and maybe we get more than one?

kinisking said:
GamechaserBE said:

wii u is a different situation. The things wii u lacks , is different than what the x1 lacks. x1 is just as competent as the 360 ever was, besides for the fact its a little weaker than it competitor compared to 360. Wii u is in a much worse situation, with much less 3rd party support and no gimmick that will help it. Power is the x1's problem and the best way to solve that problem is its price. As for the xbox, that was ms's first console and it had no brand power and didnt have a plethora of ip's compared to now.

Yeah the WiiU lacks a lot but the price is certainly not the issue. I never heard someone honestly say 'I am not getting a WiiU or an Xbox one because of the price so I get the more expensive PS4'   Power is nice but almost never the most powerfull console won the generation.  When the PSone launched it was not dominating from the first day, it even had some issues with outseling the saturn at the start but Sony made it into something that gamers want.  MS can do the same with Xone the first steps are set and we will see at E3 what's next.