By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Finaly Fantasy Type-0 Ships 1 Million

Recently released role-playing game 
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, which comes with access to the Final Fantasy XV demo, has now shipped more than 1 million copies worldwide since its arrival in March. Square Enix announced the news today through its Japanese Twitter account, as translated by Siliconera

Type-0 HD is available today for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. GameSpot critic Alexa Ray Corriea scored the game an 8/10. She wrote in her review: "Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is about the fluid and frantic action, which propels you towards the next battle, and then the next, and then the next."

As for Final Fantasy XV, the game is also coming to PS4 and Xbox One, but Square Enix has not yet announced a release date.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-ships-1-million-copies/1100-6426539/

Around the Network

Ori and The Blind Forest Dev Wants to Continue the Story and a Movie

Following his recent comments about Xbox and PC game Ori and the Blind Forest becoming profitable in just one week, developer Moon Studios CEO Thomas Mahler has now spoken about where the franchise could go next--and one possibility is the big screen.

Writing on NeoGAF, Mahler said he has "somewhat" of an outline for where he'd like to take Ori's story in the future "if we'd get to work on another Ori-related project."

Speaking of which, Mahler said fans can help increase the liklihood of Moon Studios working on more Ori projects by buying the game and telling their friends about it.

"The more copies we sell, the higher the chance that we get to work on new projects," he said.

Going back to Ori's story, Mahler said, "I think we crafted a big world with memorable characters and there's a lot of potential for us to go in and keep working on that tale."

"I've read both sides now--people that loved the story and people that really only cared for the gameplay and dismissed the story," he added. "But there was actually quite a lot of lore we created that didn't really make it into Blind Forest. I do really like that we kept the story focused on that triangle-relationship between Ori, Naru, and Kuro. I love that our characters have quite a lot of depth and that even our antagonist isn't just out to take over the world, but has a good reason for her actions. But it'd be interesting to take it a step further and open up the world a bit more, to give people further insight into how Nibel works, the characters in it, etc."

Mahler went on to say that it's "perfectly fine" if people only enjoy Ori for its gameplay. But all the same, he says he'd like to expand on the game's story someday--possibly through a movie.

"I'd love for us and Microsoft to do a little bit more with the IP," he said. "Ultimately, I think it'd be amazing if some movie studio would acquire the film rights and produce a film based on Ori. I think the story we crafted would suit itself really well for that medium as well..."

Ori was released in March for Xbox One and PC. An Xbox 360 version is coming later this spring.

GameSpot's 9/10 Ori and the Blind Forest review hailed it as a "rapturous platformer that is as fun as it is beautiful." For more on the game, check out some images in the gallery below.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ori-and-the-blind-forest-dev-wants-to-continue-the/1100-6426538/

Cheapest 12 Month XBL Gold this Year

Posted by IGN, enjoy your cheap XBL guys!

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360?mw_aref=ziffdavis&chan=IGN&data1=0406slotter

I bet Ori would make a great movie, but with MSFT being so scared to attach itself to anything movie/tv I doubt they move forward.

Would anyone recommend Kalimba?

Around the Network
true_fan said:

Awesome game, but can be very difficult.  Prob the best puzzle platformer that comes to my mind this gen though.......Behind Oddworld New N Tasty Of course :P

JayWood2010 said:
true_fan said:

Awesome game, but can be very difficult.  Prob the best puzzle platformer that comes to my mind this gen though.......Behind Oddworld New N Tasty Of course :P

Good stuff I'll probably pick it up, I like Press Play. I'm sure it will be on GWG soon, but I think I'll support.

true_fan said:
JayWood2010 said:

Good stuff I'll probably pick it up, I like Press Play. I'm sure it will be on GWG soon, but I think I'll support.

While im at it, id also recommend Oddworld :P  Its honestly one of my fav games ive played this gen so far

Speaking of Ori I wonder does the digital success keep the game as digital only. I think it should have a physical release, but they must like their high margin without having additional costs.

true_fan said:
Speaking of Ori I wonder does the digital success keep the game as digital only. I think it should have a physical release, but they must like their high margin without having additional costs.

From past cases, the more it sells the more likely itll reach retail.