By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

jlmurph2 said:
GamechaserBE said:
jlmurph2 said:
GamechaserBE said:

Did not enjoy the reveal, it gives me the Cod: AW/Destiny/Crysis vibe.

I remember the Halo 2 reveal, where they show us stuff like the energy sword, hijacking banshees, stuff that was original and we not saw in an other game before.

in fact I feel honestly sick after watching it and it makes me more sick that this game is an exclusive and will be defended by fanboys... Hope they throw out stuff and listen to the fans...

I can't forget that panel with 343 where one attendee asked 'Will we have big team battles with 64 players'? and the crowd was like OH YES WE WANT..And then one guy from 343 answered 'yeah not really'.... 64 players big team battles was the most popular request asked at the bungie forum for Halo 3...and Halo Reach...

Complains about Halo being like other games then wants it to be like Battlefield too.

I could have sworn people were saying COD AW was trying to be Halo when it was announced a few months ago.

No, people love big team battle and wanted to see an extra game type with more players on it but for sure no gameplay as battlefield.

Secondly yes COD AW is moving with its setting/story closer to Halo but at the same time playing Halo 4 made people feel like it is moving aswell closer to COD... Linear/scripted events/Run from A to B etc;.

I don't get it, I thought we all agreed that Halo 4's multiplayer is not so great and expecially thanks to special abilities? Now they show us the first time Halo 5 and what do they show? Special abilities....tell me why we should be happy and excited about it?

Because they took out what people said they hated. No loadouts, no armor perks, no random weapon spawns, no killstreak ordinance. They made the game pure arena and people always find something to complain about. IMO this is already much closer to Halo roots than 4. Its 4v4 with everyone on a level playing field having to fight for power weapons with all the same abilities and each one has a backdraw to balance it. You can't gain shield from Sprint, you're out in the air vulnerable using ground pound. Dash is 1 time every few seconds so no spamming. This is the balance that Destiny and Halo 4 did not have.

It is closer to the Halo roots? while people playing the beta felt like it was totally different?

One of the GT guys played it and enjoyed it but he points out it feels like a different game..

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/yyjxv0/halo-5--guardians-halo-5--guardians---multiplayer-beta

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
jlmurph2 said:
GamechaserBE said:

No, people love big team battle and wanted to see an extra game type with more players on it but for sure no gameplay as battlefield.

Secondly yes COD AW is moving with its setting/story closer to Halo but at the same time playing Halo 4 made people feel like it is moving aswell closer to COD... Linear/scripted events/Run from A to B etc;.

I don't get it, I thought we all agreed that Halo 4's multiplayer is not so great and expecially thanks to special abilities? Now they show us the first time Halo 5 and what do they show? Special abilities....tell me why we should be happy and excited about it?

Because they took out what people said they hated. No loadouts, no armor perks, no random weapon spawns, no killstreak ordinance. They made the game pure arena and people always find something to complain about. IMO this is already much closer to Halo roots than 4. Its 4v4 with everyone on a level playing field having to fight for power weapons with all the same abilities and each one has a backdraw to balance it. You can't gain shield from Sprint, you're out in the air vulnerable using ground pound. Dash is 1 time every few seconds so no spamming. This is the balance that Destiny and Halo 4 did not have.

It is closer to the Halo roots? while people playing the beta felt like it was totally different?

One of the GT guys played it and enjoyed it but he points out it feels like a different game..

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/yyjxv0/halo-5--guardians-halo-5--guardians---multiplayer-beta

Ok and one of the RT guys played it and enjoyed it then points out it still feels like Halo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVzb6V1EyLk

jlmurph2 said:
GamechaserBE said:
jlmurph2 said:
GamechaserBE said:

Ok and one of the RT guys played it and enjoyed it then points out it still feels like Halo

Fine then..:s.

GamechaserBE said:
jlmurph2 said:

Fine then..:s.

Sorry, I'm just a Halo fanboy. Don't mind me. If there's something I don't like when I play it I'll acknowledge it.

GamechaserBE said:

To be fair we had "Special Abilities" in Halo 3, ODST and Reach too.
Just how players got such "Special Abilities" changed. (Plus the abilities changed too.)

In Halo 3, your abilities were once-off ground pickups, which I personally prefer as it can bring strategy to keeping map control of certain area's.

Besides, one of the big reasons why Halo's Multiplayer population has declined is there is far more competition vying for your time these days, in Halo 3's prime it was the most popular Multiplayer game for years untill Call of Duty gained traction in the multiplayer scene.

Besides, progress is a good thing, 343i testing new ideas is a good thing.
If we don't, then we are just playing yearly re-releases of Halo: Combat Evolved, stale and boring each and every successive year, that isn't what I wan't out of a game, I wan't new ideas and directions to breath fresh air into a franchise.
If the game can't hold my attention (Like Reach and Halo 4), not my problem, just means they don't get cash out of me for DLC's and they will need to try harder the next time.
I have hundreds of other games to go and play and enjoy to be worrying about if a games multiplayer is good or not.

I do have high hopes for Halo 5 and I hope they take it in a different direction than that of prior releases, it's the only reason why I buy an Xbox for, for the Halo and I wan't new experiences to look forward too in this franchise.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Seece said:
So is Microsoft giving up on high end model Lumias? :(

Hope not. I love my Lumia (I have the 1020). I had an iPhone and while the hardware is also very good Windows Phone 8.1 is day and night for me.

Imaginedvl said:
Seece said:
So is Microsoft giving up on high end model Lumias? :(

Hope not. I love my Lumia (I have the 1020). I had an iPhone and while the hardware is also very good Windows Phone 8.1 is day and night for me.

Snap!! I really love the look of the 930 though.

My fella just got a iPhone 6 and they look good, if I didn't get Lumia phones I'd get them.

FrontlineJaguar said:
So what do u guys think about halo 5 i am so far liking it

Liked it a lot.  I like that they tried to balance everything and reminds me a lot of Halo 3 but with abilities

JayWood2010 said:
FrontlineJaguar said:
So what do u guys think about halo 5 i am so far liking it

Liked it a lot.  I like that they tried to balance everything and reminds me a lot of Halo 3 but with abilities

You don't sound too convinced ò.O

Dragonage off to a great start.

89 Metacritic - http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/dragon-age-inquisition