By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Ka-pi96 said:
Goatseye said:
Sega is Sammy property. If MS were to buy Sega I'm pretty sure they would have to spend more than what Sega is worth.
I'd bet more on acquisition of IPs or studios.
If anything, I would rather see MS staff studios with AM2/3 folks. Virtua Cop could've been a very good Kinect game.

Well, the original Xbox came a good few years before the Sega Sammy merger.

Although that said, I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible to fully acquire a Japanese company. I think only companies that are facing bankruptcy can actually be bought outright or something like that.

Even then foreign companies would face a harsh group of nationalist shareholders.

Kowenicki might school us better on this though.

Around the Network

Also like we know MS had a choice to buy Sega instead of Rare and went for the latter.
Sega has bunch of important IPs, not megatons but with a hardcore following base.
I'm talking about Virtua Fighter series, the best 3D Fighting series; Yakuza, Championship Manager, Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc...

JayWood2010 said:
Personally i dont think SEGA would be worth it. Sonic is their biggest franchise and it doesnt seem all that big anymore.

They have Atlus games, Alien, and a few other games but nothing major that i can think of off the top of my head

MS would have access to ips. Sega has a shit load of them. 

Just got MCC and god damn this UI interface is absolutely fantastic. Even better than that of Reach. I can't find a game in Matchmaking yet though :'(

JayWood2010 said:
starcraft said:
Sorry I have been a bit absent lately, private life has suddenly gotten a little hectic!

I just preordered MCC (1 hour before release date ) and bought a second controller. Little bro and I are going to chew through splitscreen over the next few weeks.

The retailer I went with gives you the exploding grunt skull (Halo 2). The alternative was the unlimited ammo (Halo 2) skull, but the other retailer was at a $20 premium...screw that.

Also once things settle down want to properly finish off Sunset Overdrive. No way I max out the gamerscore like some of you legends though.

lol no need to apologize haha but hopefully its a good hectic

Sunset Overdrive was pretty awesome.  Curious to see its first week sales.  Would like to see it reflect how good it is.

Its an everything hectic!

I hate how long the sales take these days.

I also hate that the store just shipped my second controller, but not my copy of MCC! Sigh, guess I am going to be late to this party.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Jay you should make an MCC thread for secrets/easter eggs/etc, since they have apparently burried a bunch across all 4 games campaign/multiplayer to make up for the removal of skulls.

Tachikoma said:
Jay you should make an MCC thread for secrets/easter eggs/etc, since they have apparently burried a bunch across all 4 games campaign/multiplayer to make up for the removal of skulls.

Ill leave that to Iceland and his Halo thread.  Good idea though

starcraft said:
JayWood2010 said:
starcraft said:

Its an everything hectic!

I hate how long the sales take these days.

I also hate that the store just shipped my second controller, but not my copy of MCC! Sigh, guess I am going to be late to this party.

lol We may get sales by thanks giving :P

Well thats what you get for being lazy and not going to the store mwahahahaha!

Ryuu96 said:

The best Easter Egg (forget the rest)

Beamish lives!

lol is that in H2A? haha

I wanna find a game. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Went into a custom game on the remade Coagulation and H2A feels so so smooth. The new sound design is great too.