By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

crissindahouse said:
Today has shown something awesome in all the chaos, Halo fans in gaming forums are really Halo fans and not console fanboys who "only praise Halo so much because it's an exclusive on their console of choice"

heh that's definitely me, I criticized Halo 4 into the ground. Prepare for more "bitching", "whining", and "complaining" from me in the future when I see/hear something I don't like.

I see nothing wrong with it, hell I'd encourage more people to voice their honest opinions.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Glad that descope is back, descope is a far superior balancing mechanic than flinch imo.

Yes, very good news. :)

shikamaru317 said:
JayWood2010 said:
What does descope mean?

It means that if you're zoomed in and get shot by an enemy you are automatically descoped (which hurts your accuracy at mid-long range of course). It is a balancing mechanic similar but superior to flinch imo. Flinch is when you get shot and your aim is thrown off. 

Ahh ok, thanks!  Which ones had it?  Or do you know? I know halo 1-3 had it but did 4 not?  I cant remember

shikamaru317 said:
true_fan said:
shikamaru317 said:
Do we know how long the Halo Fest livestream is tomorrow? I know that it starts kind of late (11pm eastern time), so I hope they show the Hlao 5 gameplay first.

I think Halo fest starts at 8 eastern.

I heard it was 8pm pacific. 

You are correct, darnit, I wish it was 8 eastern.

Nice there is a Halo event tomorrow I didn't know that.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
shikamaru317 said:
JayWood2010 said:
What does descope mean?

It means that if you're zoomed in and get shot by an enemy you are automatically descoped (which hurts your accuracy at mid-long range of course). It is a balancing mechanic similar but superior to flinch imo. Flinch is when you get shot and your aim is thrown off. 

Ahh ok, thanks!  Which ones had it?  Or do you know?

Halo 4 is the only mainline Halo game to have flinch. 

EDIT: Beaten xD

iceland said:
JayWood2010 said:

Halo 4 is the only mainline Halo game to have flinch. 

Not sure if i just never noticed that or not because i didnt remember that.  Then again i didnt play halo 4 near as much as i played 2 and 3

You can tell that the gameplay is way faster at close range.

ooooh my god this Halo talk is boring.

So lets get a small survey going, based on the clarification posted by 343. Are they on the right track with Halo 5?