By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Xbox One Day One Edition consoles are back in stock at retailer Best Buy (via IGN). The $500 system is available for in-store pick-up only, according to the product page. Shipping is not available.

The Xbox One Day One Edition console includes a commemorative controller and exclusive achievement. Day One consoles remain sold out at other major retailers, including AmazonGameStop, and Microsoft's own store.

The Xbox One launches in 13 territories across the world on November 22, eight years to the day after the Xbox 360 launched in 2005. The system's launch lineup includes 23 games.

Around the Network

37 Days! Gah I can't wait.

Seece said:

Woo!  Do you have any games preordered?

JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:

No, waiting till launch to see where is cheapest. Getting Zoo Tycoon and Dead Rising 3, and Peggle 2 and Killer Instinct as digital.

What about you?

Seece said:
JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:

No, waiting till launch to see where is cheapest. Getting Zoo Tycoon and Dead Rising 3, and Peggle 2 and Killer Instinct as digital.

What about you?

Ive only pre-ordered Ryse so far.  Getting Killer Instinct also.

But there is a lot more I want both first party and 3rd party.  Just hought id get one game at a time instead of all at once though haha

Around the Network

United Kingdom retailer John Lewis is expecting greater interest in the Xbox One than the PlayStation 4 this holiday season. Head technology buyer for the department store chain Jonathan Marsh told TrustedReviews (viaGamesIndustry International) that Microsoft has the advantage and its console will outsell the PS4.

"We are expecting more interest in the Xbox One," Marsh said. "We are stocking both the PS4 and the Xbox One, but if we were to back one, we are thinking that Xbox One will appeal a bit more to our customers in terms of the experience it creates."

"If we had to edge one I would favor the Xbox One," he added.

The Xbox One may have a higher price tag than the PS4 ($500 vs. $400), but Marsh said the Xbox One's launch lineup and online platform will set it apart from the PS4.

Marsh is not alone in his prediction that the Xbox One outperforming the PS4 this year. Robert W. Baird analyst Colin Sebastian said in July that Microsoft's console could outship the PS4 by a 3:1 ratio at launch.

On the other side, a report from the International Data Corporation this month concluded that the PS4 would outsell the Xbox One due to a "variety of factors" but most directly its lower price point relative to the Xbox One.

The PS4 launches on November 15 in North America, with the Xbox One following on November 22.

edit: scratch that

Microsoft's game-building tool Project Spark will not require an Xbox Live Gold subscription, the company confirmed in the Xbox One Reddit forum this week (via Polygon).

"You do not need an Xbox Live Gold account to play Project Spark," community manager Mike Lescault said. "You will not need a Gold subscription to play Project Spark for free on any platform."

Project Spark was announced for Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Windows 8 during Microsoft's Electronic Entertainment Expo briefing in June. A beta for the game will begin on PC this month and on Xbox One in January 2014.

At Gamescom 2013 in Cologne, Germany this summer, Microsoft announced new voice and motion capture features for Project Spark.

Creators can record their face and apply it to an in-game character, as well as perform a full-body motion attack or gesture and have it replicated in the game. Users can also record audio--including their own voices--and then modulate it in a "variety of ways."

For more on Project Spark, check out GameSpot's preview.

Wow, TitanFall obliterated MGSV O.o  I expected it to be a little closer than that