By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Seece said:
JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:

It almost feels like Nintendo is competing in another industry or something, they're not benefiting from competition at all.

Honestly i dont even think of them the way i use to.  Its sad to say but they just dont excite me like they did when i was younger, and that could  be because ive outgrown them, or just because they seem to have changed so much from when i was little.  Im still excited for Smash Bros, X, and a few other titles but idk.

On the other hand i love the 3DS and pokemon gets me super excited.  But without pokemon 3DS prob wouldnt excite me as much either.  Idk, i like nintendo and want them to succeed but sony and MSFT just seems to get me more than nintendo does.

Around the Network

Although I prefer Nintendo the least out of the big three I really wish the Wii U was doing better. The 2014 lineup looks stellar and arguably the best out of the three. Seeing third party dwindle to practically nothing is sad to see. The Wii U is literally going to become a 1st party machine if things don't turn around.

iceland said:
Although I prefer Nintendo the least out of the big three I really wish the Wii U was doing better. The 2014 lineup looks stellar and arguably the best out of the three. Seeing third party dwindle to practically nothing is sad to see. The Wii U is literally going to become a 1st party machine if things don't turn around.

I agree.  I would prefer all the big 3 are successful.  I would however like to see some more new ip's from them though.  Getting X, Wonderful 101, and Bayonetta was a good start though.

JayWood2010 said:
iceland said:

I agree.  I would prefer all the big 3 are successful.  I would however like to see some more new ip's from them though.  Getting X, Wonderful 101, and Bayonetta was a good start though.

That's something MS and Nintendo have in common, people criticize them both for lack of new IPs and the milking of franchises. I think the new IP one is warranted, MS is delivering on that imo, Sunset Overdrive/Quantum Break/Ryse/etc. I'd love to see some more in house studios working on some retail new IPs though.

iceland said:

Meh...The Wii was pretty much a 1st party machine. Nothing has changed lol.

Around the Network
EB1994 said:
iceland said:

Just so you know, didnt mean to get hostile with you.  I got you and that other guy confused so i do apologize for that :3

EB1994 said:
iceland said:

Except this time it will be literal, Wii actually had a lot of 3rd party support.

shikamaru317 said:
iceland said:

I wish the Wii U was doing better too, I'd like to see it at least outsell the Gamecube lifetime and I'm not sure if it's going to do that unless something changes. I'm not sure they have the best 2014 lineup, but it's at least 2nd behind Xbox. Nintnedo made a big mistake pissing off 3rd party devs by not listening to what they wanted when designing the console like Microsoft and Sony did, now the 3rd party has all but abandoned them, except for the few exclusives they've paid for. 

Apart from Platinum (who don't seem to care about their sales for some reason) it's going to be virtually impossible for Nintendo to buy 3rd party games. They may get more Sega stuff, but the big guns in Japan, Capcom ect will not be interested.

So yeah, pretty much first party titles, of which they do not have enough teams to split between 3DS and WiiU. And the more these sales continue for WiiU the less you're likely to see Star Fox ect, Nintendo is having a hard enough time selling multi million selling franchises from last gen, let alone niche stuff. People are getting bored moreso with Nintendo's milking than MS's.

JayWood2010 said:
EB1994 said:
iceland said:

Just so you know, didnt mean to get hostile with you.  I got you and that other guy confused so i do apologize for that :3

No worries Jay.

shikamaru317 said:
iceland said:

I wish the Wii U was doing better too, I'd like to see it at least outsell the Gamecube lifetime and I'm not sure if it's going to do that unless something changes. I'm not sure they have the best 2014 lineup, but it's at least 2nd behind Xbox. Nintnedo made a big mistake pissing off 3rd party devs by not listening to what they wanted when designing the console like Microsoft and Sony did, now the 3rd party has all but abandoned them, except for the few exclusives they've paid for. 

I think it will outsell the Gamecube likely because how much longer this generation will last unless Nintendo pulls the plug early. As far as lineups go I definitely prefer MS's hands down but looking at big established franchises there's Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and Smash Bros all coming to the Wii U this year. Wii U owners are going to have some crazy droughts while waiting for the next exclusive.