By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Around the Network

XBO Nation News Update:

Microsoft teases "surprises" for PAX

August 27, 2013 1:29PM PDT
By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Xbox One maker says its booth at this weekend's show will feature unannounced games.

Microsoft has teased that "surprises" will be part of the company's lineup for PAX Prime this weekend in Seattle, Washington.

In discussing Microsoft's plans for the show, director of programming Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb said on his blog, "Of course there will be other surprises at the booth, including games that I'm not at liberty to divulge…yet."

Microsoft's official PAX Prime lineup includes Xbox One-exclusives like Dead Rising 3Ryse: Son of Rome,Forza Motorsport 5, and Killer Instinct, as well as multiplatform games like Battlefield 4.

PAX Prime 2013 takes place at the Washington State Convention Center August 30 through September 2. GameSpot will be in attendance.

The Xbox One launches in November, potentially November 8, for $500.

JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:
superchunk said:
Who the fuck thinks Xbone (or PS4) could possibly get anywhere near 6m out in 2013? (title says "this calendar year")

I just can't believe the lack of any logic from some people.

Ethomaz thinks 10 million is fesible for PS4 lol.

Yeah I saw that.  Dsgrue and CGI-Quality thinks it is possible as well.

yeah I want to know what Sony puts in the cool aid... even the most moderate of their fan base turn insane after a while....

I'm not saying we don't stretch stuff as XB fan.... but most of us seem to stay realistic....

JayWood2010 said:
yo_john117 said:
6.2 million by June 2014 seems like a reasonable amount to me.

The way the article is written it is saying 6.2m for 2013.  It never mentions 2014.  But if it is indeed fiscal year then it is very reasonable :)

I simply cannot believe that they could make that many in such a short amount of time.

yo_john117 said:
JayWood2010 said:
yo_john117 said:
6.2 million by June 2014 seems like a reasonable amount to me.

The way the article is written it is saying 6.2m for 2013.  It never mentions 2014.  But if it is indeed fiscal year then it is very reasonable :)

I simply cannot believe that they could make that many in such a short amount of time.

They wont.  It is likely a mistake or completely false.  Ethomaz was reporting that Sony expects 10m this calendar year.  That means X1 and PS4 would sell 16m in a month and a half.  No way that would happen lol  

Prop 2-4m from each.  5m tops.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
yo_john117 said:
JayWood2010 said:

They wont.  It is likely a mistake or completely false.  Ethomaz was reporting that Sony expects 10m this calendar year.  That means X1 and PS4 would sell 16m in a month and a half.  No way that would happen lol  

Yeah that's why I'm thinking both of them actually mean by the end of their fiscal year. It would certainly make more sense IMO.

yo_john117 said:
JayWood2010 said:
yo_john117 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Yeah that's why I'm thinking both of them actually mean by the end of their fiscal year. It would certainly make more sense IMO.

Well 10m for PS4 by March doesn't make sense either. I just thing it's all bogus numbers being thrown around as per usual.

Seece said:
yo_john117 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Well 10m for PS4 by March doesn't make sense either. I just thing it's all bogus numbers being thrown around as per usual.

Sony's fiscal year ends in March? I thought their fiscal year was after Microsofts.

yo_john117 said:
Seece said:
yo_john117 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Sony's fiscal year ends in March? I thought their fiscal year was after Microsofts.

Yeah Sony's and Nintendo's ends in March.

Seece said:
yo_john117 said:
Seece said:

Yeah Sony's and Nintendo's ends in March.

Well in that case the 10 million for Sony seems pretty unbelievable on a whole...unless they truly think they are going to have insane demand for the PS4.