By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

endimion said:
Man if Kinect is a gimmick anything Sony ever did as an add on for PS since the beginning has been crappy add ons that nobody seriously wants and just get tricked into getting.... Or when they do something cool, like move, they make sure it is not supported so it dies....

it's like Sony makes them to build up hype and parity and then destroy them or make them bad to make sure the competition looks like fools because "if Sony makes it crappy, IT IS CRAPPY"...

that being said I don't expect their VR class s being any different than their eye toy...

I would love true VR glasses but we are miles away to have affordable quality solution that work on consoles right now...sony use to do glasses with screens in them more than decade ago... It was so expensive you could buy an excellent TV for the price...

today I don't believe anything under 300 or even 400 bucks can be of quality...

bottom line I think AR glasses for now would be better than VR... Especially for XBox one with Kinect...
they could put the HUD in the AR and use it to expand on what's on screen, give more functionalities...

anyway even oculus rift while being very cool, is not yet ideal imo right now at that price...I'd get one but it would be more like buying Kinect 1 prototype to me... More to support the company to improve on the tech than because it's great...

but we'll see... I hope Sony nails it.... But I hardly see how without making it unaffordable...

Sony pretty much have the console version of the Oculus rift VR glasses for the PC, Stuff magazine have an article on it and quoted the developer price of $300 or £180 which is pretty cheap when you think about it and quality is pretty high already..

http://www.stuff.tv/oculus/oculus-rift/review

there are plenty of videos on youtube that say the latter that the Oculous rift is getting quite a lot of interest so to say it's just another gimmik like PS move is a bit unwise, FPS games will enter into a whole new dimension so no doubt Microsoft will follow suit or be in talks with the Oculus rift developers..

if it comes to market at $300-$400 i dont see any reason why it wont sell or be of low quality.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

Around the Network

Guys I have a really big question at e3 2012 microsoft announced a kinect powered game called matter. It was being made by gore veronsiki and his own studio so can you help me spam phil and lets ask him about it. If you really don't know what it is. Here's the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YfpxnmmuMY

That's what I said or I meant... Anything under 300 will be of poor quality... Above it will sell to core gamers mostly... After that we need to see what comes out for it beside some first party... And how the ps4 handles it... Cause 1080p at 3 inches from your eyes is not the same than 12 feet away... I tried VR glasses years ago it was fun and I would love to see the tech develop... Not sure consoles are HW ready for it though...
it's just I don't trust Sony for many reasons (personal grudge, past track record, financial state) but also technical limitation, occulus rift while awesome is far from perfect yet and not compatible with consoles apparently.. Also gameplay scheme will be complicated for someone sitting in their couche in different position in concert with gamepad... We'll see, I hope it's good and it sells well, it can only stimulate innovation among the competition

VR headsets main problem reside in the fact it has to be attached to the head and can be enjoyed by only one person at a time... similar to those 3D glasses for 3D tvs. I'm not trying to hate on Sony's attempt but I think they're trying to cater to the solo gamer once again and doesn't have an option for family gamers or local multiplayer gamers. Similar to what Nintendo does with WiiU, where Wii was good for lots of people and now it's basically one player with the best experience.

I just hope MS doesn't follow the idea of the solo gamer and keeps pushing Kinect abilities. I heard that their Fortaleza VR glasses feature Google Glasses like abilities and still allows you to see through the glasses this combined to IllumiRoom can get you amazing gameplay experiences enyoyed by multiple people at once in the same room. I know not too many people like Kinect but the thing has the ability to immerse you without the need to wear a tv attached to your head.

For reference I tried Oculus Rift and thought it was amazing. Just like 3D is amazing but if I have to wear something that prevents me from seeing around me all the time I'm kinda turned off by it.

FrontlineJaguar said:
Guys I have a really big question at e3 2012 microsoft announced a kinect powered game called matter. It was being made by gore veronsiki and his own studio so can you help me spam phil and lets ask him about it. If you really don't know what it is. Here's the trailer

I remember hearing the game was cancelled a while ago. 

Around the Network
iceland said:
FrontlineJaguar said:

I remember hearing the game was cancelled a while ago. 

It could have been a killer app for kinect

YEs just realized the game has been cancelled beccause they were unable to make it. Man 

We could always ask why they don't revive the idea with the new Kinect???

endimion said:
We could always ask why they don't revive the idea with the new Kinect???

YES why not

Ryuu96 said:
http://www.totalxbox.com/73562/25-idxbox-games-announced-for-xbox-one-all-trailers-in-one-place/

Trailers for all 35 of the revealed Indie Games

about:blank

So this update allows you to control the volume between snapped apps and the main screen! Was that said already?