By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Ryuu96 said:

I think VR is great...but I would never use it or buy it Lol (or maybe I would if the price is right)

If I remember I think Oculus Rift guys said it's too powerful for XB1 and PS4 and they are both too limited so Oculus Rift is PC only 

Hopefully Microsoft still finds a way for Illumrioom though =P Lol price is probably going to be allot for VR

Id love to get VR personally. Same thing applies with MSFT though, i could see Illumiroom or their rumored VR/augmented thing being cool but itll likely be priced high which i think is the main issue with these devices.  There cool, but are they cool enough to justify the purchase?  

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Probably about $300. I think most will be turned off by the price and the low resolution, when the screen is that close to your eyes 1080p looks like 360p, and some PS4 games are even sub-1080p.

Id be happy if they get them down to $150.  

what franchises are Rare looking back on?

Ryuu96 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Sony announced their Virtual Reality Headset.  What do you all think the cost is going to be?

What im wondering is what happened to Oculus Rift?  Wasnt that suppose to be coming to consoles or did something happen with that?

For me i think VR is pretty cool, but im afraid the price is going to be a little too steep for most people.

I think VR is great...but I would never use it or buy it Lol (or maybe I would if the price is right)

If I remember I think Oculus Rift guys said it's too powerful for XB1 and PS4 and they are both too limited so Oculus Rift is PC only 

Hopefully Microsoft still finds a way for Illumrioom though =P Lol price is probably going to be allot for VR

Would you buy it if it was priced right? How cool would it be to wear the VR headset in a game like Forza? Make it feel as if you're actually in the drivers seat. Would go great playing it with a racing wheel instead of a controller.

Also what about just wearing it to free roam Skyrim with next gen graphics? It would make you feel as if you're in the game. I've never tried VR myself, but from what I've heard it has had nothing but great impressions. 

Edit - And now Sony revealed they are working on a demo with NASA to make it feel like you're on the planet Mars. How freaking cool would that be? Honestly, the only thing that can hold back VR is the price.

pokymon90 said:
what franchises are Rare looking back on?

They have mentioned Banjo, Perfect Dark, and Viva Pinata Specificly but i believe they will be going for  new ip, though there is a possibility of making a return to an old franchise.  Anything is possible right now.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Hmmm, I just learned of an advantage that the Xbox One has over PS4, well at least an advantage for achievement whores like me. Apparently Sony isn't allowing Platinum trophies for non-full priced games, as mentioned today by Hideo Kojima from Konami in regards to why Ground Zeroes doesn't have a Platinum trophy. Meanwhile all games have 1000 Gamerscore on Xbox One so far.

Huh? Strider has a Platinum trophy and it's not a full priced game...

i guess ill have to try a vr headset to understand why its such a big deal also i find it funny how Sonys vr isn't even on the front page and they just announced it lol

Man if Kinect is a gimmick anything Sony ever did as an add on for PS since the beginning has been crappy add ons that nobody seriously wants and just get tricked into getting.... Or when they do something cool, like move, they make sure it is not supported so it dies....

it's like Sony makes them to build up hype and parity and then destroy them or make them bad to make sure the competition looks like fools because "if Sony makes it crappy, IT IS CRAPPY"...

that being said I don't expect their VR class s being any different than their eye toy...

I would love true VR glasses but we are miles away to have affordable quality solution that work on consoles right now...sony use to do glasses with screens in them more than decade ago... It was so expensive you could buy an excellent TV for the price...

today I don't believe anything under 300 or even 400 bucks can be of quality...

bottom line I think AR glasses for now would be better than VR... Especially for XBox one with Kinect...
they could put the HUD in the AR and use it to expand on what's on screen, give more functionalities...

anyway even oculus rift while being very cool, is not yet ideal imo right now at that price...I'd get one but it would be more like buying Kinect 1 prototype to me... More to support the company to improve on the tech than because it's great...

but we'll see... I hope Sony nails it.... But I hardly see how without making it unaffordable...

Hey Jay i played Maximillion Dood. Got 1 round on him lol. He beat me pretty good after that.

TheSting said:
Hey Jay i played Maximillion Dood. Got 1 round on him lol. He beat me pretty good after that.

lol prob better than what i could do.  Id be thrilled to just win 1 round on him haha  

Who was he using?