By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Contrast looks really good :D

Around the Network

Is there any gameplay of this IDARB game i keep hearing about?

Ryuu96 said:
Seece said:
shikamaru317 said:
GDC isn't over yet, I still think we might get a Forza Horizon 2 announcement during the DirectX 12 presentation.

Hope not. I want MS to go silent until E3 and have a huge blow out.

I'm just really impatient, want to see stuff now =P although I know E3 would be so awesome if they saved everything for then making it another amazing E3 for MS and making me more excited Loll

Just 81 days, it's not that long!!

JayWood2010 said:
Is there any gameplay of this IDARB game i keep hearing about?

There's vines of it on Twitter. Apparently you make whatever character you want and fight with them. Up to 8 at once.

Nevermind on Contrast....Apparently it has been out for months and isnt too good :/ Guess that explains why i havent heard of it.

Around the Network

None of those indies excite me, I really don't know why people make them a bigger deal than they are ...

Glad Inis and Halfbrick are releasing XB1 games, hopefully not ports tho. I wouldn't mind another singing game however, perhaps better in the form of an app.

XboxID starts in about 90 minutes

Larry Hryb ‏@majornelson 18m
In the #SanFrancisco area? We've got an ID @ Xbox event starting in about 90 mins. Come play some new games http://mjr.mn/1eQ7Zo4
Expand

Seece said:
None of those indies excite me, I really don't know why people make them a bigger deal than they are ...

Because many people have an agenda.  Last gen when Xbox was getting a lot of these high quality games as timed exclusives people dismissed it.  This gen that all has changed, not surprised. Honestly most indies are meh.  There is very few like limbo, Bastion, Fat Princess, Castle Crashers etc which is what id consider the high quality indies(in which case they get promoted).  Pretty much the whole reason i havent been excited for GDC, because out of the 100's of games that gets announced there will be few that turns out good, and those are the ones that will likely be promoted in things like Summer arcade, front page, or by reviewers.

JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:

Because many people have an agenda.  Last gen when Xbox was getting a lot of these high quality games as timed exclusives people dismissed it.  This gen that all has changed, not surprised. Honestly most indies are meh.  There is very few like limbo, Bastion, Fat Princess, Castle Crashers etc which is what id consider the high quality indies(in which case they get promoted).  Pretty much the whole reason i havent been excited for GDC, because out of the 100's of games that gets announced there will be few that turns out good, and those are the ones that will likely be promoted in things like Summer arcade, front page, or by reviewers.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there Jay, the truly funny thing is the early days of arcade completely obliterated what we're seeing from indies right now.

Sony announced their Virtual Reality Headset.  What do you all think the cost is going to be?

What im wondering is what happened to Oculus Rift?  Wasnt that suppose to be coming to consoles or did something happen with that?

For me i think VR is pretty cool, but im afraid the price is going to be a little too steep for most people.  But maybe Sony or Oculus Rift can make it affordable. Would be great if they did.