By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
endimion said:
r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
how many XB1 owners would love to play titanfall like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQtZd8KkyM&feature=player_detailpage

certainly not me.... I'd sell the rig for an XBox one and all the games in a heart beat get a nice TV monitor or a projector and a new 7.2 sound system with a big amplifier and massive subwoofer.... 10 or 15 years ago yeah now I care more about confort and social practicallity than specs on my set up outside of My entertainement center (sound and TV monitor)

you would have to be mad to sell a system like that in favour of an XB1, getting an XB1 along side that system seems to be more logical, being able to play any game at 5400X1920 and at playable frame rates it's perfect for simulations.

for me i only buy console exclusive games that are not available on PC like forza (don't really like gears and never got into halo), i guess if your friends only play on XBL then this PC or any PC (gaming) need not be as high specced as the one in the video.

actually I would cause like I said I wouldn't get an XBox one only.... Heck my current HT amplifier is more expensive than the average high end hardcore gamer PC rig alone....

Pixel count is one of the lowest point on my list... while I'm not gonna lie I enjoy nice graphic most of my favorite games are not the most beautiful ones... I'd take gameplay, story,  originality, and sound design over getting more than 1080p any day... speaking of forza I wouldn't trade my 5.1 aging set up for a 180 degree set up even if you payed me (unless you'd pay me enough to replace said sound set up)... I gain way more immersion from sound than pictures....

like I said I'd rather have a flat 100" 1080p projector, a top of the line sound system (which would probably cost already more than that rig alone considering a single of my mid range front speaker cost already more than 300 bucks a piece and a single subwoofer 500 bucks)... I don't like MP on PC... PCs are good for elite gamers that play way too seriously for me... I play for fun mostly and have a set up to enjoy movies and relax in a very casual way.... nothing beside pixel pushing that can be provided by a PC conveniently or without incurring major expenses to reach an acceptable WAF (Wife Acceptable Factor)

I use to have HT PC and gaming rigs that cost me several month of salary back in my younger age.... this is not my thing anymore... and I don't envy any of my friends.... outside of their mindless associal LAN they actually enjoy gaming and watching movies more at my place than on their super power rigs....

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Possible Halo 5 Release Window Leaked

The highly awaited Xbox One exclusive Halo 5 has a listing on Walmart.com that hints towards a release window that could scale anywhere from October to December of this year. Next to the pre-order button it states that the game should ship out on 10/01/2014. However, if you head down to the item description section of the listing it states that the game will be released in December.

“Halo 5, a Microsoft console exclusive, is a pre-release general shooter game to be released in December of 2014. More information is on the way! Check back soon!”

There has been a lot of speculation as to when Halo 5 would touch down and whether or not it would be delayed until 2015. Back in January Rob Semsey confirmed in a tweet that the Halo journey would begin in 2014.

“Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm

Further down the listing in the Q&A section someone asks if the official name is Halo 5 and a response from the Microsoft Outreach Team was “no.” The outreach team went on to say that the official name is “Halo” and sure enough the listing itself does state Halo at the top.

It’s best to take this Walmart page with a grain of salt but in all honesty the release window for Halo, aka Halo 5 seems quite plausible. What is even more intriguing is if the release month does end up being in December it would be a Halo holiday frenzy. Though, seeing as Halo 5 is masked in a web of rumors we can’t get our hopes up just yet. Corporate VP Phil Spencer confirmed via twitter that Halo news would be coming to E3 2014.

The wait for more information continues and an official release date will hopefully hit our impatient ears at E3. Until then we are left to speculate and imagine all the possibilities that 343 Industries could be cooking up in what is proving to be the Halo 5 secret society.

What are your thoughts on the potential release window? Do you think it will be slated closer to the holiday season?

Source: Walmart.com

Read more: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/03/possible-halo-5-release-window-leaked/#ixzz2wKzTnoyk

im going to say there guessing since doesnt halo normally come out in november

Azerth said:
Ryuu96 said:

Possible Halo 5 Release Window Leaked

The highly awaited Xbox One exclusive Halo 5 has a listing on Walmart.com that hints towards a release window that could scale anywhere from October to December of this year. Next to the pre-order button it states that the game should ship out on 10/01/2014. However, if you head down to the item description section of the listing it states that the game will be released in December.

“Halo 5, a Microsoft console exclusive, is a pre-release general shooter game to be released in December of 2014. More information is on the way! Check back soon!”

There has been a lot of speculation as to when Halo 5 would touch down and whether or not it would be delayed until 2015. Back in January Rob Semsey confirmed in a tweet that the Halo journey would begin in 2014.

“Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm

Further down the listing in the Q&A section someone asks if the official name is Halo 5 and a response from the Microsoft Outreach Team was “no.” The outreach team went on to say that the official name is “Halo” and sure enough the listing itself does state Halo at the top.

It’s best to take this Walmart page with a grain of salt but in all honesty the release window for Halo, aka Halo 5 seems quite plausible. What is even more intriguing is if the release month does end up being in December it would be a Halo holiday frenzy. Though, seeing as Halo 5 is masked in a web of rumors we can’t get our hopes up just yet. Corporate VP Phil Spencer confirmed via twitter that Halo news would be coming to E3 2014.

The wait for more information continues and an official release date will hopefully hit our impatient ears at E3. Until then we are left to speculate and imagine all the possibilities that 343 Industries could be cooking up in what is proving to be the Halo 5 secret society.

What are your thoughts on the potential release window? Do you think it will be slated closer to the holiday season?

Source: Walmart.com

Read more: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/03/possible-halo-5-release-window-leaked/#ixzz2wKzTnoyk

im going to say there guessing since doesnt halo normally come out in november

Yup December is a "placeholder" date. They don't know any more then we do. Those Halo 2 rumors may still be true.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ryuu96 said:
Yeah I think they are wrong aswell, Thinking Halo 2 will come November this year and hoping Halo 5 sometime early next year, can't wait till end of next yearr Lol

well i halo 5 does come out next year itll be in nov or they will release around summer where there is normally a game drought  

I think Halo and Quantum get released in '15. I also think the Xbox One was originally supposed to be released this year late.

Around the Network
TheSting said:
I think Halo and Quantum get released in '15. I also think the Xbox One was originally supposed to be released this year late.

Leaked documents from 2010 state it for holiday 2013. In those plans it was a $299 Wii U power device though. Maybe when the upgraded the graphics it caused some delays.

Hmmm september;.

Ms has to do something to sell those Xbox ones here.. It is more easy to find a Xbox one in a Tier 2 market than a PS4.

shikamaru317 said:
GamechaserBE said:
Hmmm september;.

Ms has to do something to sell those Xbox ones here.. It is more easy to find a Xbox one in a Tier 2 market than a PS4.

Hopefully we'll see lots of discount bundling over the next several months, that combined with post E3 hype should be able to get them through the summer without falling to Wii U level numbers. Then they really need to knock that Tier 2 release out of the park with a price drop down to $400. 

400 Euro + destiny + 2 month gold.....Buy it at launch get one extra free game...  something like this..

Still think they need to go the ki way and offer a one time purchase for everything

September release for 26 countires, I think that they will bundle a new AAA title in these countries - Forza Horizon 2/Halo/Sunset Overdrive/Quantam Break etc...