By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My Enthusiasm is being Curbed... for the sixth time.

Man, I love this show!  Any other fans around here?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

I like watching paint dry.  Does that count; it's almost the same thing.

Words Of Wisdom said:
I like watching paint dry. Does that count; it's almost the same thing.

Obviously, your opinion of humour varies greatly from mine in virtually every respect.

Hates Nomura.

GooseGaws said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
I like watching paint dry. Does that count; it's almost the same thing.

Obviously, your opinion of humour varies greatly from mine in virtually every respect.

Well, until I actually bother to find out exactly what show you're talking about I safely say... maybe.

The show is "Curb Your Enthusiasm", created by and starring Larry David. The sixth season was just released on DVD, and I was voicing my excitement.

Hates Nomura.

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
The show is "Curb Your Enthusiasm", created by and starring Larry David. The sixth season was just released on DVD, and I was voicing my excitement.

Plot?  Premise?  Recommendation?  Purple?

From amazon.com:

"CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM stars "Seinfeld" co-creator Larry David as himself in an unsparing, cinema verite depiction of his life. Featuring real life celebrities playing themselves, the episodes are improvised by the actors from storylines by David."

Basically, it's a show about Larry David getting himself into uncomfortable situations by being socially incompetent and generally malcontent, and then making them inevitably worse. It's quite hilarious. Many celebrities show up, most playing themselves; Ted Danson and Richard Lewis are regulars, among others. My favorite seasons thus far have been three and four, due to their overarching storylines, but they're all good.

Hates Nomura.

I love that show, I have first five seasons on DVD, the sixth won't arrive in Canada for a while I think. Strangely enough, we get the DVD's before the show is on TV.

@Aj_habfan:

I live in Canada; the sixth season was released last week.

Hates Nomura.

Sweet, I try to buy after they come on TV, but that seems to take ages, so I might just buy it.