By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Forza Motorsport 5 doesn't require a day one update to play after all

ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

Lol. Yes mandatory if you want a game to work properly. Lol

lol and er...

lol

lol Forza 5 can't run without patch... it is mandatory to play even offline.

GT5 works without any patch lol.

Try again.

Barely. Which is probably why it has 13 updates if you buy the game today and try to play it.

I am not surprised to see people making a big deal out of nothing though. It is Xbone related after all.

Around the Network

SvennoJ said:

It's worse, it a bit further down the slipperly slope again.
Normally the extra time is spend for further testing and ironing out non critical issues that didn't make it before the disc had to be shipped. Day 1 patches can always be ignored for offline play.
Now the extra time is spend on finishing the actual game, which means the day 1 patch, fixing left over issues, is another 6 weeks behind.
It's not free day 1 DLC, it's the rest of the game without which it won't run at all.
The benefit of digital distribution, sell first, finish later.

That is inline with this rumor: http://kotaku.com/about-microsoft-being-six-months-behind-with-the-next-486212937

But to be fair with MS... they don't have another another choice after all the mess over the Xbone... they need to ship these key title at Day One no matter what.

i hear you can play while it downloads

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

J_Allard said:

Barely. Which is probably why it has 13 updates if you buy the game today and try to play it.

I am not surprised to see people making a big deal out of nothing though. It is Xbone related after all.

No it's works fine without any patch... I play it without patchs some times when I didn't have enough space in HDD... but all the comments about the GT5 patchs come from people that didn't play the game after all and didn't know what the patchs did or not.

ethomaz said:

J_Allard said:

No it's works fine without any patch... I play it without patchs some times when I didn't have enough space in HDD... but all the comments about the GT5 patchs come from people that didn't play the game after all and didn't know what the patchs did or not.

Give it a rest with GT5 and its patches, thats hardly something to talk about

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

sales2099 said:

Give it a rest with GT5 and its patches, thats hardly something to talk about

It's not me after all.. I just can't stay quiet when somebody says something wrong about that.

ethomaz said:

J_Allard said:

I bought the game day one and stopped playing because the load times were terrible and navigation was a pain in the ass. I started playing again last week and the difference is night and day. Not only the load times and navigation but there are tons of improvements even for offline play. The game was broken without them, hence the patches. If the game were fine at launch, there wouldn't be what.. 2GB's worth of patches?

Either way, would you tell someone interested in buying GT5 that they should not buy GT5 because it requires a 2GB install and they'll need to download 2GB of patches? I would bet no.

J_Allard said:

I bought the game day one and stopped playing because the load times were terrible and navigation was a pain in the ass. I started playing again last week and the difference is night and day. Not only the load times and navigation but there are tons of improvements even for offline play. The game was broken without them, hence the patches. If the game were fine at launch, there wouldn't be what.. 2GB's worth of patches?

Either way, would you tell someone interested in buying GT5 that they should not buy GT5 because it requires a 2GB install and they'll need to download 2GB of patches? I would bet no.

The loadtimes and navigations was not improved... there are bad unless you use a SSD like me... there are new features, improved AI, tunning and balanced cars performance, sound fixex, the framerate is stable now (before in some cases it go close to 40fps), etc.

It is more than 2GB... close to 6GB of patches for the standard edition.

If you buy the XL or Academy then the patch is ~100MB.

ethomaz said:

J_Allard said:

The loadtimes and navigations was not improved... there are bad unless you use a SSD like me... there are new features, improved AI, tunning and balanced cars performance, sound fixex, the framerate is stable now (before in some cases it go close to 40fps), etc.

It is more than 2GB... close to 6GB of patches for the standard edition.

If you buy the XL or Academy then the patch is ~100MB.

I have the XL Edition. Bought it last week because some of my friends are getting into the game. 13 patches, well above 100MB. Load times seem much improved the me, sure as hell better than launch. But you didn't answer the question. It's ok, I know you would still recommend the game even with multiple GB's of patches and a large mandatory install. Just seems strange that people would make a big deal about it with one game yet it's no big deal on another game. Nothing more to say on the matter, and no, I wasn't "wrong" with anything I said.

@theprof00
It's common sense the the Xbox One will have the day 1 patch installed on future consoles. This will only be an issue for launch consoles and every single person who is purchasing a launch console will have internet access. Stop trying to create an issue where there isn't one.