By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid compilation for PS2

"Metal Gear Solid comped for PS2

Konami preps three-game package of Solid Snake's previous missions to help gamers prepare for Guns of the Patriots.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Feb 5, 2008 11:20 am PT

While Solid Snake may be a master of stealth, there's very little chance of his next proper excursion, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the PlayStation 3, making it onto shelves unnoticed. Despite that, Konami is stoking eager gamers' interest in the game with today's announcement of Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection for the PlayStation 2.

The Essential Collection will compile the original PlayStation edition of Metal Gear Solid along with Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, both "director's cut" versions of the PS2 games. The compilation will sell for $29.99, and will feature commemorative packaging designed by series artist Yoji Shinkawa.

Konami did not announce a release date for the game, but online retailer GameStop is expecting it to ship in mid-March."

Source - http://www.gamespot.com/news/6185589.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Around the Network

Buying if true :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Wow, that's awesome. I hope it runs on the PS3 (I have a 60GB with software BC).

:O ME WANT!

Crap... I already own Twin Snakes on GC, Substance on Xbox and Subsistence on PS2... but I would be tempted to buy this just for the PS2 version of Substance.

Curses!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

@Chrizum:

I'm almost certain that MGS3 has problems with software BC. I'm not sure about MGS2.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

ill end up buying it...

Is great for the fans, but maybe Konami really needs more money... :P

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I have to say, I am tempted to buy this, mostly for MGS1. Though that will give me two copies of MGS2 and 3 of MGS3. Maybe that means I'll need to buy 4 of the 4th lol.

Yakuzaice said:
I have to say, I am tempted to buy this, mostly for MGS1. Though that will give me two copies of MGS2 and 3 of MGS3. Maybe that means I'll need to buy 4 of the 4th lol.

trade the old ones in for new ones! :D