By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Wardevil gets a new look...

From PSU:

Developed by the Digi-Guys, Wardevil is a new 3rd person action/sci-fi title exclusively for the PlayStation 3.

Since its last showing, the team at Digi-Guys have been pretty quiet on the game's advancements. We know the game uses a new and sophisticated gaming engine called RTE1080 (real time engine) which allows for 1080p resolution at 60fps. Digi-Guys have stated that they hope to create a visual style that surpasses the look and feel of pre-rendered FMV sequences.

Here is the first look at Wardevil Unleash the Beast Within

As you can see the team has revamped the graphical look of the game, recreating the character giving him a helmet rather than light grey hair. Also you can see that he carries a long spear-like weapon as well as his pistol seen from past tech demos.

This is all the information we have now, but stay tuned as PSU will keep you updated when more details are available.

While the main character originally looked a bit feminine before, I think I preferred it to this helmet.

The graphics in this game are still damn near CG quality. Aside from the lighting, I think this game has always looked better than even Killzone 2. However, so far both these games seem to only have graphics going for them. I'm highly interested in both, and I think that the art of this game in particular is stunning, so I hope they turn out great.

Around the Network

hmm, i dint hear anything bout this game.. that especially surprises me cuse its a PS3 exclucive... but just judging from that screen its looks to be a pretty game. i shall have to look into it. ty

antfromtashkent said:
hmm, i dint hear anything bout this game.. that especially surprises me cuse its a PS3 exclucive... but just judging from that screen its looks to be a pretty game. i shall have to look into it. ty

Here's a nice summary of the game that I made on Gamespot a year ago.  Coincidentally, it was exactly one year ago today.  

I have never heard about thid game before,but it looks pretty cool...

yeah its pretty cool

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
antfromtashkent said:

Here's a nice summary of the game that I made on Gamespot a year ago.  Coincidentally, it was exactly one year ago today.  

thanx, very interesting

This game looks very promising...hopefully we'll get some more info @ GDC.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Ive never heard of the game, but according to the article it states it runs at 60fps in 1080p? Thats impressive, if that screen is in game then the ps3 does have huge potential in it after all.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I remember reading about thanks to the wikipedia ps3 games only section.I checked a trailer out at ign and it looked meh but this photo is a very impressive transformation, i hope that is in game. Hopefully it will have  rpg elements to it, could be sony's answer to too human if so.

Wow, I've never even heard of this game. What kind of game is this?