By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announcements in Japan. (New pack and colour & The best line-up)

Looks a lot better than the original.

Around the Network

According to an update from Kotaku, it sounds like it comes with a Sixaxis controller, not a DS3. Which is... disappointing. Seems like Sony is going to maintain the Sixaxis as some kind of "value" controller under their "premium" DS3, instead of quietly forgetting about it like the embarrassment it was.

Of course, it also sounds like that's the direction they're leaning in North America, with the 120+ GB unit getting the DS3 and the 40gb keeping the Sixaxis. Lame.

I read on IGN its limited to 10,000.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/849/849588p1.html

Ynwa.

Very cool. It's good to see Sony drop the price on those games.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

There is a possibility those games will sell very well, maybe back in japan's top 20?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Meh, I am not keen on silver, much less dull silver... I still prefer PS3 in black, I think it's bulky stance [large and convexed sides] suit dark colours better.

A striped design would suit it better; it slims you down according to Obelix

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

i hope they don't release those ugly boxarts in the UK!

Faxanadu said:
when will they release the yellow/ white ps3 to go with the yellow/ white payers choice line up?

still, wuite nice what sony is doing there with the cheap games. when will ninty follow?

From a business point of view, they dont have to do anything at the the moment; consumers are snapping up games for the already lower price on the wii. I imagine a nintendo line up will come sometime later this year perhaps, Zelda and MP3 are obvious choices.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

I was really hoping for a bundle including the new SKU...