By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Super Tuesday Thread

I'm very excited about all the Obama victories tonight. Wins in Illinois and the South were expected.. but he won states like Idaho, North Dakota and Connecticut. So far, Clinton is leading in California but only 1% of votes have been counted. This is quite a primary.

As expected, McCain has won the day so far but Huckabee is surprisingly strong. It seemed that his candidacy was dead but he is competing in more states than even Romney is.. you can never underestimate the power of religious conservatives.. they vote in large numbers. I still don't see anybody but McCain winning the race.. especially with Californias delegates split like that.

Around the Network

Delegate count as of 02/06/08 12:34 EST

Republicans

McCain 475
Romney 151
Huckabee 93
Paul 6

Democrats

Clinton 357
Obama 287
Edwards (out) 26

source: http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/

Come on Obama!! We cant let Hillary in the White House!!!

Do you guys really think that the only two families fit to run this country are the Bushs and Clintons? because theyve been running it for the past 20+ years. You really want to put another Clinton in there? (Granted I liked Bill, and I hate Hillary)

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Im really surprised by Huckabee's performance and Romney's lack of. Seems like McCain is running away with it.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

State-by-state results from The Associated Press of Tuesday's primaries and caucuses. The number of delegates is in parentheses. In some states, only one party's election has been decided. Elections are primaries unless otherwise indicated.

WTA indicates winner takes all.

ALABAMA (Dems: 52; GOP: 45)

DEMOCRATS: Barack Obama

REPUBLICANS: Mike Huckabee

ARIZONA (D: 56; R: 53)

REPUBLICANS: John McCain

ARKANSAS (Dems: 35; GOP: 31)

DEMOCRATS: Hillary Rodham Clinton

CALIFORNIA (D: 370; R: 170)

COLORADO (Caucuses — D: 55; R: 43)

REPUBLICANS: Mitt Romney

CONNECTICUT (Dems: 48; GOP: 27 WTA)

DELAWARE (Dems: 15; GOP: 18 WTA)

GEORGIA (Dems: 87; GOP: 72)

ILLINOIS (Dems: 153; GOP: 57)

KANSAS (Caucus — D: 32)

MASSACHUSETTS (Dems: 93; GOP: 40)

MINNESOTA (Caucuses — D: 72; R: 38)

MISSOURI (D: 72; R: 58)

MONTANA (Caucus — R: 25)

NEW JERSEY (Dems: 107; GOP: 52 WTA)

NEW YORK (Dems: 232; GOP: 101 WTA)

NORTH DAKOTA (Caucuses — D: 13; R: 26)

OKLAHOMA (Dems: 38; GOP:38)

TENNESSEE (Dems: 68; GOP:52)

UTAH (Dems: 23; GOP: 36)

WEST VIRGINIA (GOP state convention: 18 WTA)

REPUBLICANS: Mike Huckabee (18)

___

Around the Network
loadedstatement said:
Come on Obama!! We cant let Hillary in the White House!!!

Do you guys really think that the only two families fit to run this country are the Bushs and Clintons? because theyve been running it for the past 20+ years. You really want to put another Clinton in there? (Granted I liked Bill, and I hate Hillary)

I think it was either Jefferson or Franklin who warned against ruling families running America. Personally I can't wait for the Jenna Bush/Chelsea Clinton election. It'll be so good I just might have to burn something down.

PDF said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
If Hillary wins the Dem nomination then McInsane will win the election and drive the country off a cliff, the man admits he has no understanding of the economy and wants to leave us in Iraq for 100 year, probably will try and invade Iran as well

We still have Troops in Europe, Japan, and South Korea. Also name calling like "McInsane" is childish.

I can play it to. Obama+Nation=obamanaiton.

Yeah, we still have troops in a lot of places.  Should we?

I wonder if there's a politicalchartz.com forum somewhere in the world where they talk about Videogame Sales.

PDF said:
@Entroper
They way he presented is false, same way the dem present it. They make it sound as if there will still be a war.

Republicans present facts in wrong ways 2, so no one is clean.

as for if troops should stay in other counrties is another arguement. I think it depends on the situation of course but I think we can remove alot them now because there is no threat in those places.

Did I say war in Iraq, nope, that's your interpretation, I said he wants to still have troops there for 100 years, we could have a miliatry force there for decades, who says it would be a war, why should we have troops in Korea europe or anywhere else?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

So, Obama won in more states but Hilary got the bigger once (NY, California)... So she has more delegates. So actually, she's leading! Although it's a close call!

Damn, i want Obama to win!... And that Republican guy is just another Bush btw... 

THE NETHERLANDS