By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Quarter of Brits think Churchill was myth: poll

I love how everyone takes surveys as if they're entire fact, theres so many variables its unbelievable.

You cant survey 3,000 people and then generalize across the entire nation; theres what, around 55,000,000 people in england? We're talking less than 1% of a narrow field here.

So, while its not representative of british or english society, I do find it hilarious that a quarter of UKTV Gold viewers are idiots.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

I do love our friends accross the pond. However you have to remember with these surveys it matters who they ask. Did they ask 100 construction workers this? (no offence to them) They have many ways to tilt results I trust very few statistics.

hentai_11 said:
Nebnosneh said:
Is it just me, or are the general populations in western countries getting more stupid?

Watch the movie Idiocracy, if you want to know, why countries are getting more stupid. The embedded movie should show the first minutes of the film. (Hope the embedding works ...)

Edit: Seems not to work like I wanted ... Heres the original Link:

http://www.youtube.com/v/upyewL0oaWA

Sweet! I love Mike Judge. How did I miss this?

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

Churchill didn't use the line "If a man is under 20 and a conservative, he has no heart, if he is over 40 and is a liberal, he has no brain"

George Washington was one of histories worst generals.

History is less fun than myths. Myths and legends have been around far longer than history, mostly because they are more imaginative and inspiring. I'd rather Sherlock Holmes be real than fake personally, I wish to know how to survive a tumble from a waterfall for my Niagra stunt.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.