By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Overall my thoughts on the products:

5800X3D: If you want the best bang for buck gaming performance and do not want to wait, it is certainly the one to get with a cheap X570 + DDR4 while trading blows with both Ryzen 7000 and Raptor Lake in certain games. The biggest issue is of course, you won't get any more CPU upgrades.

Raptor Lake: Both the i5 and i7s are pretty much the best all around CPUs. For gaming, they should perform similarly if not beat Ryzen 7600x and 7700x but for multi-threaded tasks, they will likely rolfstomp them with the 8 extra e-cores. Pair that up with Z690 motherboards that are on sale or DDR4 boards, you will most likely end up with cheaper yet more powerful setups compared to Ryzen 7000 equivalents. The 13900k as usual isn't as good of a value as it's lower tier CPUs but the pricing is still similar to 7900x so the 13900k should still be a multi-core champ only potentially losing to the 7950x. The biggest issue is of course, you won't get any more CPU upgrades.

Ryzen 7000: The only real reason to get it outside of the 7950x is the promise of platform longevity but I do think the price of entry is a bit too high. It is being flanked by both it's previous gen 5800X3D and Raptor Lake which will give you better bang for buck until you get to the 7950x range. And while you will save on not needing to upgrade to a new motherboard in the future, it does feel like AMD is really gouging you for that privileged. This isn't like Ryzen 1000 where you had cheap AM4 motherboards with the promise of 4+ years of updates paired with CPUs that had double the cores of the competition for the same price. The competition now has double the cores (all be it mix of P cores and slower E cores) for the same price along with cheaper motherboards and RAM instead. So imo, better to wait until the X3D versions where motherboards and RAM prices will get cheaper before taking the plunge. That way, you can get a meaningful upgrade in gaming performance in every game instead of going into scenarios where a 5800X3D is beating your shiny and expensive new build.

My biggest fear with Raptor Lake is the power draw. Intel said it's more efficient - but they claimed that also both for Rocket Lake and Alder Lake, so I'll take that with a truckload of salt. I wait for reviews to see if RL would be worth it for me or not.

Well Raptor Lake will certainly draw more power one way or another. It has 8 more cores that can boost up to 4.3ghz on 10nm. While they are small cores, they are still cores none the less so I suspect it will be a lot more than Ryzen. Based on what I have seen, I think Ryzen may be better suited for you mainly because you do like that longevity of the platform and power efficiency. I think if you wait a little while, you may see Ryzen 7000 CPUs get discounted sooner than what happened last time and at that point, my criticisms against them will be mitigated.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Sixteen AMD B650E/B650 motherboards for Ryzen 7000 CPUs have been leaked

https://videocardz.com/newz/sixteen-amd-b650e-b650-motherboards-for-ryzen-7000-cpus-have-been-leaked

B650E motherboards may be the one to get depending on the price they release with as those are supposed to come with PCI-E Gen 5 for GPU.

Sony PS3 Emulator “RPCS3” Now Fully Supports AMD Ryzen 7000 “Zen 4” AVX-512 CPU Instructions

https://wccftech.com/sony-ps3-emulator-rpcs3-now-fully-supports-amd-ryzen-7000-zen-4-avx-512-cpu-instructions/

It will be interesting to see how this performs. We know based on previous tests that the games that really rely on the Cells SPEs get heavily accelerated by those CPUs that support AVX 512. We seen this with 11th gen and 12th gen (before they got rid of it).

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:

Returnal will be coming to PC with NVIDIA DLSS and AMD FSR support
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/returnal-will-be-coming-to-pc-with-nvidia-dlss-and-amd-fsr-support/
The PC version of Returnal is perhaps the worst-kept secret right now. After all, we’ve already seen multiple hints about it. And yesterday, Iron-Era shared a video in which we get to see some of the game’s PC graphics settings.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure is officially coming to PC on October 27th
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/sackboy-a-big-adventure-is-officially-coming-to-pc-on-october-27th/
Sony’s PlayStation Latin America YouTube account has just revealed that Sackboy: A Big Adventure will be coming to PC on October 27th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the company released the game’s first PC trailer that you can find below.

Between those two, Uncharted collection and Last of Us Part 1 being announced as coming soon. Feels like Sony is dumping their entire catalogue in one go. It feels like every week, we hear a new game from them coming to PC.

Give us Gravity Rush you cowards.

Captain_Yuri said:

Sixteen AMD B650E/B650 motherboards for Ryzen 7000 CPUs have been leaked

https://videocardz.com/newz/sixteen-amd-b650e-b650-motherboards-for-ryzen-7000-cpus-have-been-leaked

B650E motherboards may be the one to get depending on the price they release with as those are supposed to come with PCI-E Gen 5 for GPU.

It's a good selection of motherboards, tho it's a bit weird that ASRock only has 650E mobos while MSI doesn't have any.

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Returnal will be coming to PC with NVIDIA DLSS and AMD FSR support
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/returnal-will-be-coming-to-pc-with-nvidia-dlss-and-amd-fsr-support/
The PC version of Returnal is perhaps the worst-kept secret right now. After all, we’ve already seen multiple hints about it. And yesterday, Iron-Era shared a video in which we get to see some of the game’s PC graphics settings.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure is officially coming to PC on October 27th
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/sackboy-a-big-adventure-is-officially-coming-to-pc-on-october-27th/
Sony’s PlayStation Latin America YouTube account has just revealed that Sackboy: A Big Adventure will be coming to PC on October 27th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the company released the game’s first PC trailer that you can find below.

Between those two, Uncharted collection and Last of Us Part 1 being announced as coming soon. Feels like Sony is dumping their entire catalogue in one go. It feels like every week, we hear a new game from them coming to PC.

Any other dead franchise that you want Sony to port for you? Jack & Daxter? Twisted Metal? Socom? Or are we talking about games for Sony handhelds like Patapon?

(Don't get me wrong, I'd love to play modern versions of those games on PC)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Looks like PCGamer doesn't like Overwatch 2:

Full article here: https://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-2-review-in-progress/

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Looks like PCGamer doesn't like Overwatch 2:

Full article here: https://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-2-review-in-progress/

Tbf, PCGamer also said recently that they'd love for Tencent and Amazon to get together and make a Rings of Power MMO...

And well...everyone in the comments section had the complete opposite opinion and I can see why ppl have little faith in PCgamer's words. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I remember the article, where they explained how it almost happened but the two parts could reach a deal (probably due to a battle of egos).

I don't remember the part of they saying that they would love it to happen, but I get their point: the two have the resources and target audience to try to make a great and successful game. But well, some things aren't meant to happen.

That Asus Tax (USD)

Last time, TUF was one of the cheapest ones to get... Now it's more expensive than the liquid cooler from MSI... Wtf Asus...

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 29 September 2022

zero129 said:
JEMC said:

It's a good selection of motherboards, tho it's a bit weird that ASRock only has 650E mobos while MSI doesn't have any.

Captain_Yuri said:

Any other dead franchise that you want Sony to port for you? Jack & Daxter? Twisted Metal? Socom? Or are we talking about games for Sony handhelds like Patapon?

(Don't get me wrong, I'd love to play modern versions of those games on PC)

Uncharted collection is new enough and the last of us part 1 remake is only coming to PS5 soon, how are they dead ip's?. Unless i read this wrong?.

I think he was referring to Gravity Rush as the dead IP.