By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

So I decided to disable western digital hard drive and go ssd only. The quiet operation of my pc is amazing!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Good for you!

Now don't get too obsessed with noise or you'll start to get annoyed by the PSU fan or the pump of your AIO, when it arrives, of course.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Meanwhile I'm fine with the second loudest PC I've ever built.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:

If anyone needs a(nother) reason to hate Zotac, here you have it:

ZOTAC publically endorsing GPU mining farm, tags it #PcGaming
https://videocardz.com/newz/zotac-publically-endorsing-gpu-mining-farm-tags-it-pcgaming
ZOTAC appears to be switching its business to a mining supplier. On Twitter, the company has published a photo showing a mining rig featuring GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge graphics cards. The company even had the audacity to tag the photo #PcGaming, as if this setup had anything to do with gaming. This all happens at the same time as ZOTAC graphics cards are nowhere to be found at MSRP.

I hope Nvidia cuts their chips supply in half, f*cking b*stards.

Nvidia don't care about AIB partners selling massively above MSRP or legit retailers "scalping" consumers by adding a further £100 onto the cards so I can't see them caring one bit about AIB partners supplying Miners instead of gamers. It's sad but until some other tech can mine faster than GPU's were are stuck in a world where millions of cards are sat in server farms doing nothing but waste electric.

WoodenPints said:
JEMC said:

If anyone needs a(nother) reason to hate Zotac, here you have it:

ZOTAC publically endorsing GPU mining farm, tags it #PcGaming
https://videocardz.com/newz/zotac-publically-endorsing-gpu-mining-farm-tags-it-pcgaming
ZOTAC appears to be switching its business to a mining supplier. On Twitter, the company has published a photo showing a mining rig featuring GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge graphics cards. The company even had the audacity to tag the photo #PcGaming, as if this setup had anything to do with gaming. This all happens at the same time as ZOTAC graphics cards are nowhere to be found at MSRP.

I hope Nvidia cuts their chips supply in half, f*cking b*stards.

Nvidia don't care about AIB partners selling massively above MSRP or legit retailers "scalping" consumers by adding a further £100 onto the cards so I can't see then caring one bit about AIB partners supplying Miners instead of gamers. It's sad but until some other tech can mine faster than GPU's were are stuck in a world where millions of cards are sat in server farms doing nothing but waste electric.

I know that Nvidia "doesn't care" who gets their cards, but they do care about their brand image and the PR consequences of this move from Zotac. After all, Nvidia has publicly complained about the problems that mining is causing (another thing is what they think or say in private, probably happy to be able to sell every single chip they make. Same for AMD), and so if now they don't do anything, the pointing fingers will go from Zotac to them, and Nvidia doesn't want to be seen as the bad guys here.

Because of this, I expect Nvidia will come out and say something about this, even if it's a lot of nothing like "we'll revise our agreement with our partners to make sure that supply goes to our primary consumers, the gaming community" or something similar.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Good for you!

Now don't get too obsessed with noise or you'll start to get annoyed by the PSU fan or the pump of your AIO, when it arrives, of course.

Thanks!

One of my goals was to quiet my PC down by a lot compared to my old one. It's the main reason I got these expensive Lian Li and Noctua fans instead of getting something cheaper. My Corsair 1000 Watt Platinum PSU is also known for never turning on the fans unless it's like at very high load thanks to it's efficiency.

So you could say I am some what obsessed already loll. I can take some noise like when playing games but my old PC was too dang loud. I'll see the reviews for the AIO before purchasing it but I am hoping that it won't be too bad.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I've always been obsessed with trying to make my PC as quiet as possible but I generally game with sound fairly loud so it probably doesn't matter that much it's just one of those things I always feel inclined to strive for. On the other hand if you've every had a PS4 in your house you could buy the loudest PC parts you can find and still have a quieter PC by comparison.

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Good for you!

Thanks!

One of my goals was to quiet my PC down by a lot compared to my old one. It's the main reason I got these expensive Lian Li and Noctua fans instead of getting something cheaper. My Corsair 1000 Watt Platinum PSU is also known for never turning on the fans unless it's like at very high load thanks to it's efficiency.

So you could say I am some what obsessed already loll. I can take some noise like when playing games but my old PC was too dang loud. I'll see the reviews for the AIO before purchasing it but I am hoping that it won't be too bad.

So my warning has come too late... I'm sorry for you .

At least you're not a lost cause, otherwise you would have gone with a silent case, not one with high airflow and a window panel.

JEMC said:
WoodenPints said:

Nvidia don't care about AIB partners selling massively above MSRP or legit retailers "scalping" consumers by adding a further £100 onto the cards so I can't see then caring one bit about AIB partners supplying Miners instead of gamers. It's sad but until some other tech can mine faster than GPU's were are stuck in a world where millions of cards are sat in server farms doing nothing but waste electric.

I know that Nvidia "doesn't care" who gets their cards, but they do care about their brand image and the PR consequences of this move from Zotac. After all, Nvidia has publicly complained about the problems that mining is causing (another thing is what they think or say in private, probably happy to be able to sell every single chip they make. Same for AMD), and so if now they don't do anything, the pointing fingers will go from Zotac to them, and Nvidia doesn't want to be seen as the bad guys here.

Because of this, I expect Nvidia will come out and say something about this, even if it's a lot of nothing like "we'll revise our agreement with our partners to make sure that supply goes to our primary consumers, the gaming community" or something similar.

I hope your right and they do something by cutting AIB supplies that are taking the mick and I'd love to see Nvidia and AIB partners step in and blacklist the legit retailers that are basically scalping consumers.

I do always wonder how the current state of the GPU market affects developers and game sales as personally I won't buy any new games including stuff from the past few months until I can get a new GPU to up the graphics even though I could play them on my current hardware meaning developers are loosing a full price sale from me as their games will be half price or lower by the time I get a new GPU and get around to buying them, Anyone else do the same or still buying up new games?

I glad noise is something that never really bothered me. Compare to the days I use to air cool my CPU with a Vantec 92mm Tornado fan my computer is quiet. I actually did not even have a fan controller on it until I moved to college and got one in order to not drive my dormmate insane.

Probably the loudest thing in my current computer is the coil wine my 3090 make every time I load into a game. Once I start playing I don't really notice it and I just don't care enough to attempt to RMA it and hope I get a replacement this decade so I just keeping it.

I also got clicking from my flow meter, eventually I just replace it with a digital one but again it just become white noise for me so not motivated to do it.

The 20 fans I use actually not that noisy with how I got fan curve setup. unless the water temp get really hot which don't seem to happen even during long gaming sessions. If I manually set all the fans too 100% then it really really loud but other then if I trying to push a benchmark which not something I do it really no reason to ever set the fans at that level.

As long as the noise constant and not randomly going in and out (like having one broken fan that randomly rattle would drive me crazy so I would replace that quick) it just become white noise for me so it got to be really loud to bother me.