By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Rhonin the wizard said:
JEMC said:

Devotion returns almost two years after a China-centric controversy saw it removed from Steam
https://www.pcgamer.com/devotion-returns-almost-two-years-after-a-china-centric-controversy-saw-it-removed-from-steam/
In early 2019 the indie horror game Devotion, which PCG thought was pretty great, was discovered to contain a reference to China's president, Xi Jinping. (...)
Once this was out in the open, things began to go badly wrong for Taiwanese developer Red Candle Games. Chinese players began to review-bomb the game en masse, undeterred by the removal of the offending material. Shortly afterwards the game was pulled from Steam by Red Candle itself.
(...)
Today the developer announced it will be re-releasing Devotion via GOG on December 18.

Update: Earlier today, Red Candle Games announced that its horror game Devotion would be released on GOG. But now, according to a tweet from GOG itself, that is no longer the case.

Glass Bottom Games announced that their game, SkateBIRD, will no longer be released on GOG because of this decision.

That announcement looks more like them trying to get some spotlight for their game than anything else.

Even then, I agree that it's a dick move from CD Projekt and that while I understand that they've just launched Cyberpunk and want it to sell well averywhere (and China is a very big market), they should have thought about it before giving the green light to the game on their store.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I was starting to worry I would not have it in time for my vocation that start Friday but

it look like I should get it from FEDEX on Friday or Saturday. I need a day to clean my water loop, install and leak test so I should be able to dedicate December 21st - January 3rd to gaming assuming I don't get a defective card or the FedEx truck get in some horrible accident.

Cyran said:

I was starting to worry I would not have it in time for my vocation that start Friday but

it look like I should get it from FEDEX on Friday or Saturday. I need a day to clean my water loop, install and leak test so I should be able to dedicate December 21st - January 3rd to gaming assuming I don't get a defective card or the FedEx truck get in some horrible accident.

That's what I call positive thinking .

Anyway, congratulations! Do you already have a GPU block to watercool the card or that will come later?

Last edited by JEMC - on 16 December 2020

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Cyran said:

That's what I cann positive thinking .

Anyway, congratulations! Do you already have a GPU block to watercool the card or that will come later?

Thank you.  Yes I already received the EK-Quantum Vector Strix RTX waterblock I ordered.  

Cyran said:
JEMC said:

That's what I call positive thinking .

Thank you.  Yes I already received the EK-Quantum Vector Strix RTX waterblock I ordered.  

Nice! Have fun.

Around the Network
Cyran said:

Oof what a beast! Congrats!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I wish they made a new connector for NVMe. M.2 is limited so hard by PCB size and room on the mainboard. I demand a cable and a 2.5" form factor.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

I wish they made a new connector for NVMe. M.2 is limited so hard by PCB size and room on the mainboard. I demand a cable and a 2.5" form factor.

But not any kind of cable, it needs to be something special. Let's bring back the old IDE cables and use them for NVMe.

It has arrived!!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:
vivster said:

But not any kind of cable, it needs to be something special. Let's bring back the old IDE cables and use them for NVMe.

Nahh it already exist what he want but it only used in the server space.  There was a few Consumer motherboards that have it built in but for most part only found on server boards.

It called U.2. and it carries X4 PCI-E data across a cable to SSD that support it (I think the actual cable is called oculink 2).  The Intel Optane drives use them.  You can get add in cards to add support for it to the motherboard.

In the end through would not fix vivster problem.  It not space that limiting number of Nvme drives but limits on the number of available PCIE lanes.  I got 4 M.2 slot on my motherboard and it came with a add-in card to let me add 4 more so I could have 8 M.2 drives if I wanted.  I got that option because threadripper platform has the PCIE lanes to spare.

On Ryzen you dont see that because of limits on PCIE lanes, if more was available they would find a way to fit more drives in.