By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Pemalite said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Amd phenon 2 1090t oced to 4ghz

Asrock Extreme 3 R2.0

8 Gb DDR3

The trusty old Thuban.

You will see big gains regardless if you go Intel or AMD.

The Ryzen 1700 is probably one of the best bang for buck chips on the market... But if gaming is your only concern the i7 7700K cannot be beat.

Well I am doing video editing, photoshop and other stuff one the side as well so... Ryzen is very tempting

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Pemalite said:

The trusty old Thuban.

You will see big gains regardless if you go Intel or AMD.

The Ryzen 1700 is probably one of the best bang for buck chips on the market... But if gaming is your only concern the i7 7700K cannot be beat.

Well I am doing video editing, photoshop and other stuff one the side as well so... Ryzen is very tempting

Well. Then I would go Ryzen 1700. Best bang-for-buck for those use cases... Overclock her to 4ghz and there wouldn't be anything it couldn't handle for the next several years.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well. Then I would go Ryzen 1700. Best bang-for-buck for those use cases... Overclock her to 4ghz and there wouldn't be anything it couldn't handle for the next several years.

Mhmm that's what I am thinking too. Thanks!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Did we ever get sales data for the age of mythology steam remaster? Or the expansion they released.

Are they likely to make more?

Captain_Yuri said:

I think I might end up by buying the Ryzen R7 1700 instead of the other two. 1700 + OC can go up to 1800X levels anyway and its like $200 cheaper... Still waiting for all dem memory bugs to be fixed tho. Specially since the top tier boards seem to be getting the timely bios updates while the rest are just waiting...

Anyone know when the next set of intel cpus are going to come out?

The first mobile Cannon Lakes are set to be released end of this year. The desktop variants probably early next year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Did we ever get sales data for the age of mythology steam remaster? Or the expansion they released.

Are they likely to make more?

According to SteamSpy, Age of Mythology has sold about 900K units (see here). Pretty good numbers for such an old game if you ask me. They don't list how the expansion has sold.

For reference, Age of Empires 2 HD has sold more than 4 million copies and Age of Empires 3 more than 2 million.

I'd prefer an Age of Empires 4 rather than an Age of Mythology 2, tbh.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Screw AOE4, they'll just go further into the future and make it another C&C clone. I'd rather have an AOE2 remake with updated graphics and mechanics.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Screw AOE4, they'll just go further into the future and make it another C&C clone. I'd rather have an AOE2 remake with updated graphics and mechanics.

I didn't like AoE3, but the biggest reasons where the jump to 3D graphics (the 2D sprites have a certain charm that was lost in the transition) and that it didn't spawned more eras, like the first two games.

An Empire Earth approach, starting in the stone age and ending in the future, or even a mix of the first two games (from prehistory to the feudal era) would be my prefered choices.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
vivster said:

I didn't like AoE3, but the biggest reasons where the jump to 3D graphics (the 2D sprites have a certain charm that was lost in the transition) and that it didn't spawned more eras, like the first two games.

An Empire Earth approach, starting in the stone age and ending in the future, or even a mix of the first two games (from prehistory to the feudal era) would be my prefered choices.

The move to 3D didn't actually bother me that much.

It was all the gameplay changes that deviated from the traditional AoE formula that lost me.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

The move to 3D didn't actually bother me that much.

It was all the gameplay changes that deviated from the traditional AoE formula that lost me.

Asking the city for resources/units was odd and not very well implemented.